• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Took an ER for a rip...

Ratcheting is normal when new, mine stopped after about 50 miles on both my 03 RX-1 and 04 Warrior.

I think ratcheting is more likely on grass because of the increase in traction in comparison to snow. However if it ratchets on the snow too much, you should tighten the track tension then.

MightyWarrior, I don't understand why the racheting would stop after 50 miles. Wouldn't it increase because of the new track stretching?

Grimm said:
MightyWarrior, I don't understand why the racheting would stop after 50 miles. Wouldn't it increase because of the new track stretching?

That's what I would think.

Grimm said:
I wondered the same thing but all I can say is it stopped. The finger track on the RX-1 was worse than the Ripsaw. I was concerned it wasn't ever gonna stop. That track did have 192 studs from the get go, so I'm sure the added traction didn't help matters any. Similar to slednut riding his sled on the grass.

Not a big deal tighten the track up a couple of turns.

hey guys, picked up my bro's attack" last week and ripped it across the lawn and it was ratcheting,picked the sled up and the track was waaaaaayyyy loose...so i would check your track tension ;)!

I was told by my dealer once the proper track adjustment is made,and also after you stretch it out some and readjust it,no more problems,when i had the 03 w/pro action suspension it was worse,than what we now have. Typically yamaha has had some trouble under alot of load when hook up is very positive,just ask allen and some of the guys who have raced w/this new skid,and they will tell you its better than the older proaction,but still not the best out there,now we are talking about very hard hook up on grass/ice as snow does not provide this much pressure on the suspension and track,in snow it will all go away.. ;)!

Track was too loose..

On snow im sure it wouldnt ratchet... you dont get the same amount of traction..

I had the same issue last year with my warrior, and tightened track and it never did it again

Back