• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Top A-Arm05 Rage

island_rage05

Extreme
I got a bent top A-arm on the battery side of the snowmobile i was wondering if I can just take the front nose cone off to take off the A-arm or do i have to take the airbox off? and if I do have to take the airbox off is there any hoses or anything i have to look out for while taking the airbox off? Has anyone tried bending any A-Arms back? or am i just better off buying a new one? i was gonna heat it up a bit and put it in a vice? anyone have any ideas how they fixed there A-arms? thanks in advance

You have to take the air box off ,and I think the battery and battery box .
I also took off the hood as it is easy and it makes it ,easier to work .
you will likely want to replace the arm .

You have to take the air box off ,and I think the battery and battery box .
I also took off the hood as it is easy and it makes it ,easier to work .
you will likely want to replace the arm .

Thanks Wilson, I ordered a new A-arm today for it. Should be here friday. Is there anything i should look out for when i take the airbox off? How many hoses are hooked to it? I never took the airbox off yet. And i was wondering if it was a big deal lol thanks for any help.

There is a small hose on the bottom that is hard to get on because it is to short . You must make sure it is on when you put the air box back because if you don't it will blow all of the oil out of the engine .Look for cracks or breakage in the bulk head where the a arm mounts . I would also replace the bushings on the lower a arm mounts as they don't last long and are probably worn out . If the bulk head is cracked or broken it can be welded so don't panic .
To take the air box off loosen the screws that hold it to the carb ,there is a rubber tie down at the front pop that off and if I remember right it comes right off .If you have a digital camera take pictures as you go along ,they are great for when you put it back together .

Back