• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TORS Issue After CDI update

Vector05

Hey guys, new to the board, but have been browsing for a while now. I have an 05 vector, and have had all the "updates" done (CDI, clutch rattle and secondary shaft). I noticed the other evening that my TORS system will not activate by trying the procedure outlined in the owners and service maunal. Now here is the strange thing, it will do it when the sled in NOT running (you know the thumwarmer key on trick), but when the sled is running I can't get it to activate. Now before I had the CDI update done, it worked fine. SO I'M stumped..........Any suggestions?

Thanks

If you unplugged the system to bypass,check to see if dealer plugged it back in. I had that happen when I got the readjust done befor the box recall. No fault of the dealer,I probably just forgot to tell him I unplugged it!I got snow today,6 in. so I will try it out in the yard.

Vector 05, Same here. I couldn't get the safety system to kill motor,no matter how I tried to hold pin and move throttle around. We'll have to talk to dealer'see what's up with that.

Tabor...did you try it with the engine not running? I took mine in today to the dealer. Hopefully its a simple adjustment

Vector05

Tabor Rider 973 said:
Vector 05, Same here. I couldn't get the safety system to kill motor,no matter how I tried to hold pin and move throttle around. We'll have to talk to dealer'see what's up with that.
It will not stop the motor just keep the rpm down and flash code 84, If it dont do that make sure it has not been bypassed

True dat! As anyone who's had the TORS kick in while riding can tell you, the motor doesn't die, it just makes little or no torque. It's more like a 3000RPM rev-limiter. :)

I had the CDI update done....and CODE 84(TORS) still engages(both while riding and I can duplicate it in the garage) arghargh argh argh argh argh! Back to the dealer....

vector_1 said:
I had the CDI update done....and CODE 84(TORS) still engages(both while riding and I can duplicate it in the garage) arghargh argh argh argh argh! Back to the dealer....

That bites. Did yiu check your cable adjustment? Not that you should have to follow up after your dealer and correct their repairs, but it may save you a trip hauling it back.

I do not have the specs as my dealer keeps them under lock & key. I also do not have a repair manual for the RS models. Any help???

Back