• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track Adjustment

BryanD

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Nytro Xtx
First time messing with a snowmobile track here....

I just recently installed a few new bogeys on my 2009 Nytro xtx. I'm just wondering if I have to tighten/loosen the back idler wheels for the track to adjust or how it works? Also, how am I supposed to line it up exactly? Thanks!

First time messing with a snowmobile track here....

I just recently installed a few new bogeys on my 2009 Nytro xtx. I'm just wondering if I have to tighten/loosen the back idler wheels for the track to adjust or how it works? Also, how am I supposed to line it up exactly? Thanks!

Yes. Loosen the nut on the back shaft. Then use the adjustment bolts to adjust tension as needed.
Once you have aligned the track it’s a good idea to run the track a few turns to make sure it’s still inline.
Tighten up the back shaft and you’re good to go.

The manual gives you a pretty good guide on how to do it. After you adjust, start and spin track 4 or 5 times, shut down and measure distance of track to metal guides. Should be exactly the same both sides, if not, adjust and repeat. Once you get it set (I used a dumbbell in the track for correct weight deflection) you should be good for a while.

thanks to the both of you for the good info. I as well used the dumbells and it all went smoothly and I’ll be on the trail tomorrow!

Back