• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track extension

fsusledder

I have done lots of research on this and found everyone does it a little different. I want to stretch my 2009 fx nytro from a 121 to 144! I have been looking at the tracks USA package. Is there a better/easier one? I want to go with a 1.75 track with no studs. Do I need to change anything with the clutching or gearing?

Does anyone know of any shops in the Grand Rapids michigan area that are good or knowledgable at this stuff?

Thanks

I just did the tracks USA extension. 121-144 with a 1.75 back country. All the parts are really nice and there's a great thread in the FAQ section on how to do the track change. I talked with the guys at Bender Racing for info on what to do as far as clutching and gearing. They recommended dropping 2 teeth on the top sprocket and not to do any clutching. I went to a 19T top sprocket. If going with a 1.75 you will need to remove your tunnel and heat exchanger protectors. Be very careful with the heat exchanger as they are welded on. I used a pencil grinder with a small cutting wheel. And you will probably need to remove the gas tank to get the tunnel protectors out. I'm very happy with the extension and would have done it a long time ago had I known how much better my nytro would perform on and off the trail. I lost apprx 6-8 mph top end by gearing down but the machine pulls way harder in the bottom and mid range. Feel free to ask me any more questions about the kit.

fsusledder said:
I have done lots of research on this and found everyone does it a little different. I want to stretch my 2009 fx nytro from a 121 to 144! I have been looking at the tracks USA package. Is there a better/easier one? I want to go with a 1.75 track with no studs. Do I need to change anything with the clutching or gearing?

Does anyone know of any shops in the Grand Rapids michigan area that are good or knowledgable at this stuff?

Thanks

Where in Grand Rapids are u located? I jus did a 136 extension with muffin works an a Hartmann tunnel ext. very easy to do an willing to help or answer any questions. Feel free to message me

Brad

Are the heat exchange protectors only if you have a studded track? About how many hours is the total project if I had a shop do it?

Also what about shock relocation? I see a lot on skid relocation and star shock relocation kit. Is that needed and if so what does it do?

The protectors are there to protect from studs but they also limit you to a 1.5" track. If you remove them you can install up to a 2" track. Kit took me about 8 hours I think with a buddy to help with taking out the driveshaft. Can't help you with the skid relocate as I haven't done it

Yea

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 608

Back