• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TRACK HELP!!!

I don't have studs or extro drivers but I like to run it loose so I run it loose I till it skips and tighten it just a bit so it won't skip.

i do what mcamzr does. loosen it up and go for a ride. when your in deep snow and you floor it if you feel it skip/rachet then tighten it a turn on each and go try it again.

as far as alignment goes jack the rear of the sled up. rotate the track a few times by reving the engine. then look at were the slides sit in each of the windows. should be the same on each side of the sled. if its tigher on one side or the other then the track will be pushed to the looser side i believe. only takes a single socket/ratchet and fairly quick/simple thing to check. once its lined up you can go do the above and check for ratcheting. the looser you run it the better mpgs and slide life you will get.

Just food for thought, I put the MountainTech cooler on this off season so I might run it one turn tighter just for piece of mind.

SnoBird888 said:
i do what mcamzr does. loosen it up and go for a ride. when your in deep snow and you floor it if you feel it skip/rachet then tighten it a turn on each and go try it again.

as far as alignment goes jack the rear of the sled up. rotate the track a few times by reving the engine. then look at were the slides sit in each of the windows. should be the same on each side of the sled. if its tigher on one side or the other then the track will be pushed to the looser side i believe. only takes a single socket/ratchet and fairly quick/simple thing to check. once its lined up you can go do the above and check for ratcheting. the looser you run it the better mpgs and slide life you will get.

Thanks for this explanation, I've been wondering about the side to side adjustment check myself. :rocks:

I installed a Mountian tech cooler this fall also. I better have a look at it too, never thought of that. Good thing I haven't been riding it much, too cold out, but now I am away on business till Friday.

For the side to side adjustment I measure the length if the adjustment bolt on both sides then I know it's the Same and going to be even. Quick and easy.

not if one of the rear idler wheels are diff diameter from uneven previous wear^^ counting the threads each is out is a good place to start and prob good enough in most cases tho.

SnoBird888 said:
not if one of the rear idler wheels are diff diameter from uneven previous wear^^ counting the threads each is out is a good place to start and prob good enough in most cases tho.

:jump:

Back