• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track Questions

Hey Ski,

Which Tracks do you have on the two nytros? 2.25 Power Claw and 2.25 Challenger? Which do you prefer to ride, benifits of each and downfalls? I also have been struggling with this decision. I would appreciate the help.
I am a little leary of the Power Claw due to the new track record. Everybody raved about the attack 20 at first and then a year later people wouldn't stop complaining about it. Thanks for the help!

Get the Challenger CE 15x156x2.5 (i believe m/n 9974M) and cut the paddles down to 2.25". works awesome. It's night and day different thanthe stock track.

mountain_mod_viper said:
How do the 162's fit with rail extensions on the stock 153" rails. Since there is an aggressive tipped up angle in the back of the rails, I'm afraid that the back of the skid would be way off the ground if I added extensions. Please comment or post pics of nytro 153 rails with ext. to 162.

mountain_mod,

Here is a "ground floor" perspective on a 162" powerclaw on a Nytro with rail extensions. The track lug directly under the rear wheel is about 1-3/4" off of the floor.

DSC00153.jpg

scmurs

scmurs said:
mountain_mod_viper said:
How do the 162's fit with rail extensions on the stock 153" rails. Since there is an aggressive tipped up angle in the back of the rails, I'm afraid that the back of the skid would be way off the ground if I added extensions. Please comment or post pics of nytro 153 rails with ext. to 162.

mountain_mod,

Here is a "ground floor" perspective on a 162" powerclaw on a Nytro with rail extensions. The track lug directly under the rear wheel is about 1-3/4" off of the floor.

DSC00153.jpg

scmurs
Hey I put 162" rails off 07 apex and mine has the same angle . I tightened my limiter strap[ and it brought it down a little bit. Is this effect anything or is normal.

Mamilla,

The reason for the tipped up rails is to make less of a foot print on the snow while riding on hard pack. The sled with tipped rails will handle and corner as though it has a shorter track when riding on groomed trails and such. This is why the design is the way it is.

scmurs

Back