• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track Selection For the Nytro

Re: 162" Powerclaw!!

sonds said:
My riding buddy made me the rail extensions and 8" wheel kit.

powerclaw.jpg

DSC00146.jpg

He does beautiful work don't he? Got mine today!

Kit1Sm.jpg

Ext1Sm.jpg

Wheel1Sm.jpg

cClipSm.jpg

It's amazing what he can do with a cordless drill and a chisel!! This kit rocks, high bling factor and works awesome. a serious upgrade in the back end.

so .. here's a good one ......

..... drove 17 hours to visit a buddy and do some riding in the North West Territories, took my Nytro MTX along, should be a good time .....

...... try to unload the sled from the trailer ..... no go. Starter would not engage ..... starter selliniod frozen..... not sure how moisture gets in there, but that needs to be replaced ....... and at the Arctic Circle, there is no Yamaha parts guy around the corner (heck, we were lucky to have a as station there!) ......

....... so we get her going with a hair dryer .... out some 40 kms from home across the frozen lakes and tundra ....... riding in some awesome 3' powder, carving like a king ......... stock piece of crap track snaps in half! A perfect rip in a straight line from one side to the other ........ no warning, no tears .... just snap. Done. Screwed.

Anyone else been stranded in the Canadian Arctic because of a crap track? No fun.

Good thing we had some tow straps and were able to tie the tail of mine to the trusty 97 Mountain Max 600 I bought for the girlfriend. Tow-trucked it home on that ....

..... Needless to say, less then pleased. 17 hours in the truck to do an hour of riding, and 2 hours of swearing. Made for a long(er) drive home too ...

Pricing out the new track now ..... might as well go 162 at this point ..... lets see what Yamaha will do for me (if anything).

Anyone else here of a track ripping in half like this? I find it odd to say the least.

:moon: :o|

I haven't heard of that before.

If you decide to go 162", I highly recommend the AC Power Claw, and if you need extensions I might be able to help ya out there as well... best stuff on the market!

Ya, the Powerclaw is what I want. Need to do some checkin around for pricing on either size .... have an uncle in the Cat biz, so we'll see if he can get me a deal. E-Bay has a few, but the exchange and duty/shipping might make it even out to Don's Speed Parts pricing ...... one way or another, it'll happen. And now I have all summer to do it!

Thanks for the offer on the rail ext. They look sweet. Let me know the details....

G

Series IV Polaris on Nytro??

Here's a loop to throw in that I haven't seen before. Also looking to replace the stock Maverick - I've been looking around and notice that there are some great deals on Polaris Series IV tracks, with smaller pitch (2.52?). they're available at a really good price in both US and Canada... 159 x 2 1/8.

Anyone have any feedback on the series IV - supposedly they're pretty good, and the driver change is something I'd want to replace anyways, whether 3.00 or 2.52.

well I am upgrading to the new big daddy, and will be selling my powerclaw if someone wants to buy it...

I am jumping up to the 174"x16"x3"....watched it work for several days in a row now...and WOW WOWW WOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been researching tracks for my buddy's wife's Nytro MTX. The stock Maverick was just horrible in the deep. Frankly, I'm tired of digging the dang thing out again and again.

I have a 162 x 16 x 2.5 Camo Extreme on my Modded RX-1 and just love the track but, it sure is heavy. It seems to be very resistant to losing paddles from stumps and rocks. I was shocked that they were all still there after a couple of early season (no base) adventures.

I have been waiting to buy a new Yamaha for three seasons now and after my disapointment when the 2010 models were released, I reluctanly decided it was time to try another brand. To make an extremely long story short. I ended up buying a 2009 Arctic cat M8 Sno Pro 153". Turns out I should have waited for the 2010 Cats to be released too. :o|

The sled came with the 153" powerclaw track. The Powerclaw like the Camo Extreme seems to be holding up very well also. I went with the 153" Powerclaw because I already have a 162" on my RX-1 but, there were a couple days last winter that I wished I had gone for a 162" on the Cat. I wasn't getting stuck continually like my buddies but, man was it close a couple times.

The Camo Extreme is a very strong and well built track (also heavy). It seems to work well because the 2.5" paddles grab the snow by the throat and throw the sled on top of the snow. Think Joe Fraiser.

The Powerclaw seem to use more finesse (track design) to accomplish the same thing. This track sometimes seems to be digging deeper than I think it should in the powder but, it always seems to find a snow layer to hook up with under the snow. The 162 Camo Extreme is 6lbs. heavier than the single ply Powerclaw. Think Muhamed Ali.

As far as my buddy's sleds go. Since he's asking me, I think we'll go for a 162" x 16 x 2.5" Camo Extreme for his Apex and a 153 x 15 x 2.25" Powerclaw for his wife's Nytro.

These changes alone should help save my back a lot of pain next season.

Frosty

PS: Rexburg motor sports (Rexburg Idaho) has 153" Powerclaws for $520. One of my other buddies just bought one for his M7. After seeing how much better my Powerclaw worked than his 153" Challenger this past season.

Hey Frosty, I am still sold on the 162" Powerclaw for the Nytro, Personnaly if you are going to buy a new track you might as well buy the rail extensions and go to 162, then you dont have to look back later. and you dont need a tunnel extension...

I got my extensinsions from OFT Racing thry fit real nice! Good Luck.

I may do just that but, so many very well respected people told me without me asking "make sure you buy a 153" sled, they are MUCH more fun than the 162" and with the powerclaw you won't need a 162".

Maybe.............. maybe not?

The sled is super fun and my riding skill seems like it has improved at least 10 times with the new lighter sled with the shorter track.

Hi, i was wondering, now after a while, does the 2.5 tracks fit or does it need to be cut some ? Thinking of the vibrate issues due to the small place between the track and cooler ?

156` Como x

Thanks

well, just bought mine...

174" x16" x 2.5"

I think I might be able to get around a little :)