• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track racheting under breaking??

mjaremko said:
Mine makes a bad rear suspension clunk (ratchet ?) launching off small whoops once the sled is just getting a bit of air. Almost feels like the rear suspension is topping out. Anyone else felt this ??

mj

hey man i have noticed the exact same thing im running the 1 3/4 back country with the anti ratchet drivers. my track is pretty loose though. but i dont know what the prob would be you guys really think it could be the rebound

I'm going to find out, adding rebound damping to the rear shock and softening the torsion spring one notch, I'll report back with my findings

mj

I'm having my dealer change my track and install a trail tank in 10 days. While they are changing the track is it worth it to have them put on extro's too? How much are aftermarket extroverts? About 50-70 bucks?

Just wondering how much so I can figure out if I can afford to have them put it on. Seems while they have it apart that it should be done so that I don't have to be bitching about ratcheting all season....

I put 100 miles on the sled with no ratcheting yet, but that doesn't mean it wont do it in the future. Someone help, is it really necessary/worth the money on the 09 xtx with a 1.75 backcountry/fully clipped??

fergdog93 said:
What happend we I was hotdogging into a corner putting a pass on my two buddies, , once I completed the "dickhead" pass, So whats the fix to get me thru the season? Lord knows I can't slow down.. :Rockon: Thanks guys!

Fergdog93

Well, here's an Idea, you could take it past the edge, pile drive a tree, demolish your sled, have the local EMT's take you too the hospital, spend a year or two in rehab and never ride again. Problem Solved.

Old Dog said:
fergdog93 said:
What happend we I was hotdogging into a corner putting a pass on my two buddies, , once I completed the "dickhead" pass, So whats the fix to get me thru the season? Lord knows I can't slow down.. :Rockon: Thanks guys!

Fergdog93

Well, here's an Idea, you could take it past the edge, pile drive a tree, demolish your sled, have the local EMT's take you too the hospital, spend a year or two in rehab and never ride again. Problem Solved.

Hey OLD DOG, nice job chopping my original post. Whats your problem? Listen man, I see you only have 11 post, and maybe you don't understand how this fourm works. If you don't have anything good to say, or knowlegde, or even somthing usefull to contribute, than KEEP YOU MOUTH SHUT. The main reason why TY is such a great site, is we try to weed out creeps like you...troll. So, unless you have any insite on your track rachet, I would reccomend toneing it down a notch, nobody is on her to get into a pissing match. Thanks and have a great day!

Installing extroverts as we speak, about $150.00 for the parts. Although I dont think they are going to slove my clunking problem, ( which I mistook for racheting ) I have racheted the track from a dead stop with the stock track on grippy snow, the backcountry track will only make it worse. If its in the cards its a quality upgrade.

mj

Thanks Mj! thats not as bad as I thought they where gonna be. Did you do much shopping around? where did you get yours if you don't mind me asking?

I bought the drivers from Shoshone Yamaha in Pinehurst, ID. 208 682 2022 ask for Joe and tell him Mark J sent you ;-)

Oh holy sh*t 150 bucks. Guess I won't be doing that this year. Trail tank install + track install is probably going to be in the 5-600 dollar range since i've already bought the track (600). That and I've already bought slydogs for it too. So there's 1600 I'm going to have spent on an already 10,000 dollar sled. I've not had any "clunking" or ratcheting with mine. Hopefully everything stays together. I guess it depends on how hard you ride. I don't start from a dead stop and clamp it to the bar all the time so I think I'll be alright.

Back