• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trail Tank re-install on XTX

SledFreak said:
Dude, how do you even see with all that stuff on your sled....
Ahhh the seat and riding position put you up high enough. I love the way my sled is set-up with the bar riser,side deflectors, mid height wind screen,tank bag, dumbo ears and hand guards, mirrors etc etc... makes it way better for my application. I ride groomed trails and almost always lead. The mirrors are great I don't have to turn around to make sure everyone is behind me. It's a bit tall in my covered trailer but fits!

I had the same problem with re-installing my trail tank this summer to add the extra heat tape that they sent me after I already had it installed. If I take the tank off again, I might look into taking off the crossbar. That sounds much easier for a re-install.

Here is something I found while installing the Oft steering relocator. There is a large wiring harness that is supposed to be hooked on the steering post. On my XTX it was behind the steering post frame, so it was pinched between the frame and the Trail tank. I was able to slide the tank forward much further after moving the wiring harness.

rhoag said:
Daranello said:
Mine just slid in
Was yours new? I didn't do the original install so I wonder if they expand after a year of use? I also noticed that the inserts to bolt on the center piece of plastic (fits around the gas cap) were not in the right spot and the dealer that installed the tank had to ream out the holes in the plastic to make it line up.
So my personal experience with the trail tank isn't that great. Fit wasn't to great. I had no wire binding or anything else in the way, it was just to tight in the upper corners on both sides.

They do expand,,,,new was so easy....pulled it to do my header and the tank didnt fit....I used rachet straps attached to my foot hooks to pull her tight

I installed 2 trail tanks the first slid into place with no problems the second stopped 1/2" short of being in place. Found the plug in for the tail light was holding it back. Adjusted the position of the plug in and it also slid into place. Both tanks are the latest design.

Back