• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trailer flooring ideas

Doc Harley

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Sidewinder LTX SE
7'x? Inline. Looking to protect flooring. Ideas w/pics would help.

Thank-you, so much.....

I'm putting down ski guides as needed full length and then filling the rest of the areas with 1/4" rolled rubber flooring to protect from studs.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

No pics yet because I don't pick up my new trailer for another week or two.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Thanks guys! I appreciate all ideas. Trailer is going to have double duty. Sleds & Motorcycles.

Very thankful and waiting to see what ideas you guys come up with.

I recently purchased a 12' clam shell and used rubber truck bed liner to protect the floor from studs. I bought 2 - 4' x 8' pieces and cut them in 24" wide strips. two sheets gave me 32' of matting. The cost was around 140 bucks for both shipped to my door. A lot lighter than stall mats and way cheaper than the stuff you buy for trailers.

Old plastic bedliner cut in straps works great for ski track.

On my clam shell I took 1x6s set out side edges at 15 inches and worked great. They would be trippers in my 7 enclosed so still bare and holding up well after 2 seasons

I had hard 1/4" white plastic sheets put in my Triton Tc 167. Only use guides on the ramp.
No complaints, its great cause the floor is flat, no guides to hold dirt, or trip over. Easy to sweep out.
Don't get white - every little mark shows up.

It was expensive, if I were to do it again I would consider 1/2" 'good one side' plywood.
ms

7'x? Inline. Looking to protect flooring. Ideas w/pics would help.

Thank-you, so much.....
Ski guides on sides and both ramps and plastic "privacy" lattice everywhere else. Typical 7' wide is 79" wide inside minus 16" (2-8" ski guides)= 63"-64" down the middle.
96" x 4 foot sheet - 64 =32. First 4 feet of trailer "middle" is one 64" piece, next 4 feet is 32 + 32, next is 64" and so on for length of trailer maximizing use of whole sheet.
24" strips down both ramps and a few strips of whatever (rubber, wood, hyfax) on either side for traction when loading. Plastic lattice is less than half the cost of plastic sheeting (have used it as well), half the weight, same 1/4" thickness and does not trap hardly any moisture as full sheets will (even if you caulk the seams- messy and doesn't seem to hold up). Doesn't hurt to put a SS washer between lattice and floor when securing for even better evaporation and even less chance of moisture trapping. Easy to sweep out and even better with compressed air or leaf blower once you get home. Floor will last for years. White sucks (gets dirty real fast) black matches guides and doesn't show dirt near as much.

Has anybody used spray on bedliner on flooring just wondering if it works?

I was at the sled show this Fall and there was a trailer there with a spray type bed liner on its floor. Looked cool but when the rep told me the price I choked.
Lets just say you could buy a lot of plywood for the cost of the spray stuff.
MS

Ski guides on sides and both ramps and plastic "privacy" lattice everywhere else. Typical 7' wide is 79" wide inside minus 16" (2-8" ski guides)= 63"-64" down the middle.
96" x 4 foot sheet - 64 =32. First 4 feet of trailer "middle" is one 64" piece, next 4 feet is 32 + 32, next is 64" and so on for length of trailer maximizing use of whole sheet.
24" strips down both ramps and a few strips of whatever (rubber, wood, hyfax) on either side for traction when loading. Plastic lattice is less than half the cost of plastic sheeting (have used it as well), half the weight, same 1/4" thickness and does not trap hardly any moisture as full sheets will (even if you caulk the seams- messy and doesn't seem to hold up). Doesn't hurt to put a SS washer between lattice and floor when securing for even better evaporation and even less chance of moisture trapping. Easy to sweep out and even better with compressed air or leaf blower once you get home. Floor will last for years. White sucks (gets dirty real fast) black matches guides and doesn't show dirt near as much.

Apex - you have mail

No pics......What about the caliber stuff?

Trax-Grabber-Door-640x380.jpg

Back