• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trailer flooring ideas

Decided on caliber. Try and finish tomorrow.....
IMG_20170121_145606229-640x380.jpg

Another good thing to use for protecting the floor from studs is a stall mat. Heavy duty rubber and can get at tractor supply or or grain store.

Another good thing to use for protecting the floor from studs is a stall mat. Heavy duty rubber and can get at tractor supply or or grain store.
Went to tractor supply and looked at the stall mat, super heavy and did not want to add that kind of weight to the rear door and rear of the trailer. The mat I referenced is a lot lighter. For my ski guides I am going to cut up a $10 bedliner I purchased of off Craigslist.

No doubt its heavy rubber. I dont have a drop down door (wish I did). I just have the mat cut slightly wider that track in the clamshell. I cutup a bedliner for ski guides as well.

Curious - is the rubber used in the mats at TSC and princess auto really hard - so the carbide on the skis don't dig in and get stuck? Curious what others have experienced.
I have not seen them, but would be worried it would be too cushioned.
MS

Rhino Liner/LineX it. Mine has this on the floor, ramps (doors) and up the wall a bit and it's impermeable. Picks scratch a bit but don't dig in, gas and oil spills don't get into the wood, etc. Practically indestructible.

Lights.jpg

We sanded floor with 50 grit, then applied 2 coats of hurculiner. Immediately after the 2nd coat, we sprayed a generous amount of sand blasting sand on the hurculiner. The sand seams to get absorbed into the herculiner. Surface its very grippy! Yet carbides seem to glide across it nicely. We put down caliber ski guides to make things even easier. Very happy with the herculiner/ sand. Will try to report back with a durability report after this year.

What I have used to protect the flooring in my inline trailer is to use 4x8 sheets of 1/4" luan stapled on top of the trailer floor. You would be surprised at how well this stuff holds up to studs and carbides. When I bought my trailer back in 2009, I used this stuff and has held up well over the years but I just recently replaced it with new sheets; 8 years ain't bad and is a heck of lot cheaper than rubber mats or spray lining. Plus, by stapling it down, it comes off easy when it needs to be replaced.

Interesting...I'll have to consider using it on the walls too. I used something else, the subfloor stuff for tile, and it buckled terribly from the moisture.

The big issue I have is how to best protect the ramp door edges from the carbides. They dig it up a bit. I tried aluminum right angle stock but the picks and carbides just tore it right up.

20171112_161540.jpg

Just finished the floor on my new 12' Neo. I ended up using a textured marine flooring overtop of the plywood and it worked out pretty well. Looking back I would have used something other than 3m spray glue to seal it to the plywood, there was a few areas I missed and they show a bit but not too much. The new Caliber products worked out pretty good so far and will help hold down the glue misses anyway. Finished the ramp plywood edges with aluminum 1/8"angle trip from Princess Auto.

And, I used an old worn track in the middle to keep the tracks and studs from damaging the wood floor.
Yea that's what I did also on the ramp.
Old conveyor belting on the floor of the trailer.

Back