• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Transfer rod on 05-06 ra skid

snowbeast

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 apex xtx traded for a 2017 sidewinder L-tx-le
FACEBOOK
yes
YOUTUBE
yes
Ok a question for you ra skid folks,how easy is it to adjust the transfer on a mono shock skid??? Now when i had my 03 i went out and got the hand adjustable spring loaded ones from pioneer per.. and they worked awsome,but like all of them from yammi,they come with a locking nut style,that holds them tight,and can be a pain in butt to break free on the trail to adjust,can you get a quick adjustable one to retro fit to the ra,or is it very easy to adjust trail side.. And how much transfer does this single rod have for adjustablity.

First of all you will not believe how much the RA transfers. IMO, the minimum setting on the RA transfers just as much as the maximum setting on the proaction. When you set the RA to max it will pull the skis off the ground and never set them down until you let off the throttle. Bad for tight twisties but a riot on acceleration. At first the locking nut was easy to break free on the trail, but later in the season it was a pain to adjust. I have not seen a quick nut available for the RA yet. I will buy one once they do!

Mine was fairly easy to adjust on the trail until the soft metal tool that comes with the sled "smeared" the tooth that engages in the lock nut.

Now it's impossible to adjust on the trail (until I make up a new tool). Hmmm... wonder if warranty would cover it.

The only time it was a little hard to adjust (when the tool in good shape) was on very cold days when hard ice built up on the nut. On warmer days I would put my hand on the aluminum nut and adjuster to melt off the snow and ice.

Snowbeast, the RA mono tranfers like you would not believe.

Look at some of my pics this year. Oh ya, Avatar also.

;)!

ReX said:
Mine was fairly easy to adjust on the trail until the soft metal tool that comes with the sled "smeared" the tooth that engages in the lock nut.

Now it's impossible to adjust on the trail (until I make up a new tool). Hmmm... wonder if warranty would cover it.

The only time it was a little hard to adjust (when the tool in good shape) was on very cold days when hard ice built up on the nut. On warmer days I would put my hand on the aluminum nut and adjuster to melt off the snow and ice.
This was the same problem i have had with the yammi tools of the past,and the reason i asked if anyone had this kind of problem,and i guess it still is,i hope someone makes us an adjustable spring loaded one like the ones i had from Pioneer Per. they were the balls,thanks for the info. ;)!

NOS-PRO said:
Snowbeast, the RA mono tranfers like you would not believe.

Look at some of my pics this year. Oh ya, Avatar also.

;)!
Hi nos-pro,i know it works awsome,i rode the 05s and the 06s up in colebrook,and loved the way they transfer,but i would also like to know how easy i can adjust out the transfer,when needed and the old style skid we had in our 03 rx1s had the standard two rod set up and i had gotten a set of adjustable rods from Pioneer Per. and loved those,and was hoping someone had made one for the RA skid. ;)!

No need for aftermarket, the adjustment in the rear, by the inner bogies, adjusts the weight transfer. Easy adjustment, and it will transfer, like mine, or if you like it flat, (like the stock 03's), just break loose the jam nut, and crank'er up.

Back