• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Transformation from RTX to Mountain Monster complete

YamaMTX said:
;)! ;)!

Would love to hear more on how the SC compares to the turbo on real ridding conditions. What stand alone system are you running?

i don't know the right english terms to describe the difference.

SC is immediate. As you softtouch the throttle you can see the boost going up.
If you ride at walk speed you are still boosted.
If you push down the throttle it's pure istant violence.

MCXpress turbo is very nice and the power and push is the same. But there is a little retard on the throttle. And you can feel it.

I used the mpi stand alone system with injectors, pump etc.
Really install and ride
runned it at 300 meters altitude and than from 1500 to 2200 meters and no problem

just a little rich at all rpms but i've just installed and ride without any setup.
I think that depends on riding condition and style
As i read lot of times it seem that turbo love medium/high rpm and sc love low/medium.
This don't means that turbo is dead at low and sc is dead at high.

Not exactly the same but like diesel/gasoline or 2/4 cylinders or 4/8 cyl

Now that i've ride both i can definitly say that i prefer the sc (not because i've buy it) because it is more funny in my mountain and also when i ride with my baby and my wife.

One hell of a creation Wolfone! Your fit and finish work is fine art ... it is a thing of beauty.

**"If you push down the throttle it's pure istant violence."**

-- that has got to be the quote of the year!!--

WolfOne said:
I used the mpi stand alone system with injectors, pump etc.
Really install and ride
runned it at 300 meters altitude and than from 1500 to 2200 meters and no problem

just a little rich at all rpms but i've just installed and ride without any setup.

Need to correct my self.

No setup needed with this stand alone system ...

... just be sure to connect hoses in the right way ;):D

Te a/f mix was rich because i connected the fuel pressure regulator to the intercooler instead of to throttle body vacum line OOOOPSSS :o|

May be this is the dark side of the 11 pm - 3 am working time :drink:

Zipperno said:
Did you try out the GEMS at all??

No, it is still in its box.

Due to my baby that was sickened with fever, i lost 2 week-ends of ride but i had the time to have the Stand Alone delivered.

So I directly installed the new system ... and you was right on your suggestion ... happy to have it on my sled
;)!

WolfOne said:
Zipperno said:
Did you try out the GEMS at all??

No, it is still in its box.

Due to my baby that was sickened with fever, i lost 2 week-ends of ride but i had the time to have the Stand Alone delivered.

So I directly installed the new system ... and you was right on your suggestion ... happy to have it on my sled
;)!

Good choice Wolf!!! But would have been "fun" to see you test out the GEMS... :)

And your sled is awsome!!!! Never tried a SC, only turbos here.

WolfOne said:
Hornet Handler said:
Nice build. You have alot of time and money invested. Are you running a skid plate?

No, I'm not running a skid plate at the moment

You should seriously consider one. One good hit underneath might make you regret not having one. Check out some of the threads in the general section. Roest makes the best one out there.

Back