• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

tric scratchers

pat the rat

Lifetime Member
i just bought those today cuz were leaving for a 7 day trip and were gonna have icy conditions,heard good and bad about this product but decided to give them a try,my question is,once mounted to stablink,is there any way to have them out of the way when you dont need them,like clip them to belly somewhere,i thought it would of been included in the kit

I believe these are the scratchers I read about that will really eat up your skis when you turn. Since the scratcher will hit the back end of your ski.

Might want to check into it, if you're worried about your skis getting eaten alive

I made some of my own scratchers this year. I just wanted to throw some snow so they are a little shorter than they need to be ( I don't ride on ice), so technically they are "snow throwers". Just thought I would give you an idea

ski1.jpg

ski2.jpg

I bought the tric scratchers at the end of last season. So far no issues. I know some guys were breaking them last year but Yamaha re-engineered them with a strong piece at the stabilizer bar mount. I just leave them down all the time. The work great and you never have to remember to pick them up when you reverse.

I'm heading out on an overnighter on the weekend and my sliders are definitely going to like that I have these installed (stupid warm weather and rain).

Jigger said:
I bought the tric scratchers at the end of last season. So far no issues. I know some guys were breaking them last year but Yamaha re-engineered them with a strong piece at the stabilizer bar mount. I just leave them down all the time. The work great and you never have to remember to pick them up when you reverse.

I'm heading out on an overnighter on the weekend and my sliders are definitely going to like that I have these installed (stupid warm weather and rain).
so i guess you cant clip them away like traditionnal scratchers,what speed do you run on trails,agressive or semi,since your from kap,how are conditions up there,were leaving for 7 day trip on monday in your area,here the trails should be fine so i'm guessing your area should be the same

Dealer told me he had installed a pair for a customer. He put a heavy duty wire tie loop somewhere on the stabilzer somewhere that he could slide over the scratcher to hold them up. Dont know the details but it seems like this would work.

I never changed my riding style (aggressive) with the scratchers. The trails were great here but we've had high temps 4,6 the last two days. We also got some rain. The weather is supposed to changed today with a chance of 2-4 cm overnight. Hopefully this holds true. Heading out on an overnight trip tomorrow. I'm fixing a couple of things on my sled this afternoon I give you a better update then.

I find them excellent I never take them up I keep them down all the time. Doen't affect the performance in the powder stuff. I called them excellent got over 200o kms on my first set and still goin strong

Pat the trails held up. Hopefully they groom them tonight as we are running to Timmins tomorrow. I took a look at the rear portion of my skis and noticed some scratches from the tric scratchers but it's only cosmetic. Snowing here right now 5cm today and 5cm overnight.

thanks jigger and everyone else for replying,i think i will have to leave them down cuz its gonna be icy,just came back from picking up the fallen trail markers,i have 30 km of trail to mark and 80% were either leaning or on the ground :o| :o| :o| but our trails held up too,some spots are ugly and others are perfect

here's my solution to clipping away the tric scratchers for when i dont need them,i used the running board bracket that came with the kit and bolted it under side panels,those cables are stiff so they shouldnt come out of the hole,if so,i'll just tie wrap them,you cant see the bracket when looking at the sled,

Attachments

• IMG_0432.JPG
    IMG_0432.JPG
    173.6 KB · Views: 132

Back