• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trying to decide which TD exhaust to get.

Yours just wasn't surfaced right from the start. Once I a while it can happen in production but it's rare. When surfaced right there is zero issues. Any thickness flange needs to be surfaced. We use the thinest flange that is reliable for weight reduction and also it gives us a touch more room to turn and gives space for the heat shield.

We have no issues with our flanges in many hundreds of mufflers sold. We have been running like this for 3 years now.

Change if subject the the TD stock mod really is a great trail muffler and truly whisper quiet. All you hear is wind noise past 30mph.

Super quiet is a treat option a but louder but lots more hp. Anything else is loud for the trail.

This year we have focused on stock muffler tunes as well and next year even more time will be spent there. We have the ecotrail sm powertrail sm and max spool 16 sm... 260hp stock muffler.

Watch an announcement for new power packages.

And very good deals on muffler. We have never stopped producing muffler since this winter and now have accumulated a big stock level as the season came to an end.

Check for another 10% on top of the 10% of the off season special.

Oh....I love sales!!! ECU is in the mail!!!

Yours just wasn't surfaced right from the start. Once I a while it can happen in production but it's rare. When surfaced right there is zero issues. Any thickness flange needs to be surfaced. We use the thinest flange that is reliable for weight reduction and also it gives us a touch more room to turn and gives space for the heat shield.

We have no issues with our flanges in many hundreds of mufflers sold. We have been running like this for 3 years now.

Change if subject the the TD stock mod really is a great trail muffler and truly whisper quiet. All you hear is wind noise past 30mph.

Super quiet is a treat option a but louder but lots more hp. Anything else is loud for the trail.

This year we have focused on stock muffler tunes as well and next year even more time will be spent there. We have the ecotrail sm powertrail sm and max spool 16 sm... 260hp stock muffler.

Watch an announcement for new power packages.

And very good deals on muffler. We have never stopped producing muffler since this winter and now have accumulated a big stock level as the season came to an end.

Check for another 10% on top of the 10% of the off season special.

Thanks for the explantion! I straightened it out so its good now, im not really one to complain, especially with small, probably handmade, performance products.

I will definitely be looking into one of your quieter mufflers and keeping this one for racing.

How do you like the GGB? Similar performance as the turboforce?

Performance is similar, I never ran them back to back with the GPS or anything, but the GGB is pretty much a straight pipe, just 2.25 inch vs 2.5 inch on the turboforce.

The GGB seems well made, but its cheaper for a reason, its made out of mild steel, not stainless. The GGB also has no flex pipe. I am not sure if the flex pipe is 100% necessary, but Yamaha must have added it for a reason on the stock exhaust.

Sorry, no. I really like the TD SMM and actually switch between it and the Sandale depending on what I'm after that day. Quiet and fast or max hp.
Hi Art,i just spoke with keith woods from woody,s here in maine,and he will sell me one of his modified stock mufflers for same price as td sq,which he sells as well,but he has an overstock of the SMM,so for that price,wow its wonderful,now I can keep my sandale,for them days to play on a lake for top speeds,and the SMM for trails,and with the max 17 I should still be able to pull some good speeds with that tune w/SMM.

Hi Art,i just spoke with keith woods from woody,s here in maine,and he will sell me one of his modified stock mufflers for same price as td sq,which he sells as well,but he has an overstock of the SMM,so for that price,wow its wonderful,now I can keep my sandale,for them days to play on a lake for top speeds,and the SMM for trails,and with the max 17 I should still be able to pull some good speeds with that tune w/SMM.
NICE! You'll dig the SMM, it really is a different world after coming off something like the Sandale 3". I think I had to take 2g out of the Daltons when going to the SMM. Like Ben says in his post above, you just hear the wind and your sled, very nice sound. I have muffler changes down to about 10 mins (including O2 wideband), so switching from one day to the next is a non-event. Enjoy!

There must be something very, very wrong with us - buying snowmobile parts and already dreaming of next Winter at the start of Spring . . .

NICE! You'll dig the SMM, it really is a different world after coming off something like the Sandale 3". I think I had to take 2g out of the Daltons when going to the SMM. Like Ben says in his post above, you just hear the wind and your sled, very nice sound. I have muffler changes down to about 10 mins (including O2 wideband), so switching from one day to the next is a non-event. Enjoy!

There must be something very, very wrong with us - buying snowmobile parts and already dreaming of next Winter at the start of Spring . . .

There is NOTHING wrong with us!
Except that it hit 91 today and i read every post twice a day & send all my friends pics of riding every week and dream of riding and can't stop thinking of mods & fixes for my sleds and even started wearing my snow helmut on my bike.

OK, we may have issues, but that doesn't make it WRONG!

Art, what HP are you getting with the Stock Mod Muff compared to others?
Also, since you are now the muffler removal KING, what bolts did you end up using?

Except that it hit 91 today and i read every post twice a day & send all my friends pics of riding every week and dream of riding and can't stop thinking of mods & fixes for my sleds and even started wearing my snow helmut on my bike.

Whew! I can always count on you Steve to keep me feeling good about myself.

Also, since you are now the muffler removal KING, what bolts did you end up using?
The only muffler I can compare the SMM to is the Sandale 3" - I never ran the SQ back to back in the same trip the way I have with the SMM and SD 3". I'd "guess" on PowerTrail the Sandale is worth an honest 15 hp over the SMM. I can't remember for sure, but think I took almost 2g out of the Daltons to keep rpm in target when going from SD 3" to SMM. Having said that - Ben has specific tunes for each so I'm sure he's able to get more with a specialized tune for the SMM than keeping the same tune for both mufflers since the SD 3" flows so much more - the SMM would run MUCH fatter AFRs than the 3" on the same tune. When I switched the muffler AND tune (the Jukebox feature is awesome) AFRs between the 2 mufflers were similar.

Steve your humor is so much fun.

I forgot to answer your bolt question - I've been using S.S. hex head bolts and a generous helping of nickel anti-seize. I used copper for the first season and didn't have a problem. I think the key is that everyone should take the Torx bolts out ASAP, throw them in the garbage where they belong and replace with top quality hex heads. And when installing them, just snug them up, do not make them super tight.

I went with the muffler and performance setup from Excell. Has a nice deep mellow sound, excellent quality assembly. Looking forward to the sound and improved performance next season!!

Jim

I did some work to my new SW last night (made both belly pans removable with rivnuts) and since I had the muffler off, I decided to start next season off with the Stock Mod Muffler, starting it up afterwards reminded me how nice it is to ride with that muffler and just how good it sounds. I'm looking forward to breaking it in with PowerTrail (maybe even MS17) and TD's SMM. Thanks to TD and Ben for such great options, you can't go wrong with any of their mufflers depending on what you're after.

Back