• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

tuner ski carbide setup?

All the tuner skis have the same carbide bolt pattern. The carbides off of my Apex fit my '15 Viper.

Hey guys I'm up north and wanted to put my shaper bars on that I picked up on the way to the snow, I just can't get them to fit the bolts don't want to go up into the holes on the ski with the supplied nylon spacer because the bolts on the sharper bars are about 1.5mm closer together then the stock carbides. Or did you guys use the metal spacers that came on the stock skis?? The nylon spacers included with the carbides are shorter then the metal spacers. But the shaper bars height is bigger, if you guys cold let me know what you did I would appreciate it. I put the stock one back on now, but they are getting rough, and turning sucks with them

I reused the metal spacers all fit well 2015 stxdx

I have a 2015 Viper Rtx se and a 2015 Rtx dx both of which don't turn worth a damn. Neither are studded. We only ride on trails and typically pretty aggressively. Would a 6" shaper on the inside keel and stock carbide on the outside help to get them turning? Or will I create new handling problems?

I have a 2015 Viper Rtx se and a 2015 Rtx dx both of which don't turn worth a damn. Neither are studded. We only ride on trails and typically pretty aggressively. Would a 6" shaper on the inside keel and stock carbide on the outside help to get them turning? Or will I create new handling problems?

Anything would be better than the stock wear bars if that is what you are still running. The more aggressive bar should be on the inside of ski as you are planning. I believe that the Tuner ski on the 2015 Vipers is simply a really poor ski for loose snow conditions.

Anything would be better than the stock wear bars if that is what you are still running. The more aggressive bar should be on the inside of ski as you are planning. I believe that the Tuner ski on the 2015 Vipers is simply a really poor ski for loose snow conditions.

We both still have the stock bars on. I ordered a set of 6 in shapers for each of us. We'll see how it goes. I'm also planning on adjusting the coupler blocks and maybe the limiter strap. Hopefully that combo will get them to go through a turn above 5 mph.

I'm running two 6" shapers on each tuner ski and it has good bite. Stock runners are garbage. I have mine handling pretty good with the runners and changes to the suspension but if anyone thinks it will handle like a doo you are kidding yourself. I owned a 2012 and 13 doo and those things are good right out of the box with miner adjustments. If you want to ride aggressive and just sit on the seat with no effort, buy a doo. Otherwise you'll have to get your suspension tuned and use some body English to keep up

I'm running two 6" shapers on each tuner ski and it has good bite. Stock runners are garbage. I have mine handling pretty good with the runners and changes to the suspension but if anyone thinks it will handle like a doo you are kidding yourself. I owned a 2012 and 13 doo and those things are good right out of the box with miner adjustments. If you want to ride aggressive and just sit on the seat with no effort, buy a doo. Otherwise you'll have to get your suspension tuned and use some body English to keep up

Did you use the stock carbide spacers or did you use the provided nylon ones that came with the shaper bars?

Did you use the stock carbide spacers or did you use the provided nylon ones that came with the shaper bars?

I used the steel ones. Nylon ones will work but require a little more effort to put in

I got my new viper and I see stock it has 2" carbide inside and round out side. Sled had tuner 2 deep keel ski.
I'm planning on getting 6" square from dealer for inside and run 2" round on out side. what are you thoughts on this?
I'm going to use the tuner ski and only has excess to dealer runners.
Do you think this combo well work ok?

Good idea factory carbides are good for maybe 200km. One square one round is a good start, you can always go more or less aggressive in the future.

Back