• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

tunnel extension??? what aluminum?

..SNAKEBIT..

Expert
Bought a 2008 Phazer RTX
installed Yamaha mountain skis
and 136x1-1/2" track
What are you guys using for tunnel extension?
I want to cover the tunnel hole and extend back to the bumper
maybe take off the curved end to the tunnel at the bumper?

seems like alot of fun to ride, think my son will REALLY enjoy it

i just bought an aluminum sheet from fleet farm to cover the hole. then i cut & welded some tubing in the factory bumper to make it longer. i completely got rid of the curved cover from the factory & just welded angle iron around the perimeter to bolt the aluminum sheet too & the snow flap.

about a days work, if that.

Put a Hartman on the wifes Phazer. Just went to a fab shop and picked a piece of 5055? and cut ( looked liked a deformed T because I left small tabs for flap) and bent with a brake to fit between rear bumper after cutting it and migging the corners down. It's been polished to a mirror like finish like the rest of the sled and now sports the newer Nytro type snow flap. Approx $125.00 and about 2 hr to tear down/install and about 3 hours of running around. She get's all the compliments while I stand there. LOL P.S. The rear bumper I cut and installed solid piece (10") of lathed down cold roll on the ends (2") to just fit in and hammered it in and migged it. Finished it with Duplicolour and Voila, factory fit and finish!

Attachments

• 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 135

Back