• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tunnel shine

I was wondering about the sticker question myself. My Yamaha boots rub right where they decided to put the stickers. Im seriously thinking about removing them....

I know I started removing the CA sticker and it just keeps breaking which tells me it going to take some heat to get off. That was back when it was 95 deg. everyday and I said to myself Ill do when it cools off.

The heat gun is the only way to go. They will come off like butter.

I started polishing and it looks like its staining black streaks everywhere. What am i doing wrong?

If your using a powerball your going to fast. That creates heat and leaves black marks .

yamahas said:
I started polishing and it looks like its staining black streaks everywhere. What am i doing wrong?

yamahas said:

I had the same issue when I tried to go the short route and just polish mine after two seasons of no attention; it didn't work until I went for the wet sanding process. It was a huge pain in the #*$&@, but I am happy with the results, and it's really the only way to go if your tunnel is extremely dirty and dull and less frustrating than polishing for hours only to make a big black mess and not get anywhere.

BEFORE
IMG_1945.jpg

AFTER
PA100007.jpg

Another trick is flour in a old sock ~ powder the aluminum before buffing it out (hitting sock against it) and that dries the oils up.

I did wet sand up to 2k grit and it was alredy prety shiny. I an using a drill so its because I'm going too fast? I'll give it a try slower

3000 rpm is best but hard to tach with no guage. lol The slower the better usually. I havent done a tunnel but have to keep up on my truck.

This is how she turned out. ;)!

Attachments

• DSC00895.JPG
    DSC00895.JPG
    483.4 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC00894.JPG
    DSC00894.JPG
    479.4 KB · Views: 164

Back