• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turbo comparison ride

Hey Mike, I was told you might have this sitting on a shelf still....I'm searching for a discontinued Weisco piston for 1995-1997 Vmax 800. stamped 2360ps on top and stamped 2359 underneath. It is a stock bore replacement. Hoping someone may have it sitting on a shelf or drawer. I installed them in my sled 5 years ago and need a replacement without having to buy 4 new yamaha pistons. Call me at 269.369.8629 or email onrof@hotmail.com

Onrof... come on... just a little humor.... beyond selling, the forum is also used for entertainment and most important fun... a food friend has just put together a new lake race cpr... look to take it for a ride... maybe a front mount is in my future as well...

What if you happen to roll one over would the turbo push into the fuel tank??. and BOOOM...I also like the idea of a front mount but I think for safety a aluminum tank should be required. Also on the 2006 its going to be a choir to fit the front mount and make it look neat and clean. I hope it can be done, I would prefer a front mount if all these issues were adressed.

The turbo sits under the bar that supports the steering column, so roll over shouldn't be a problem. My McXpress front mount came with an aluminum tank. I agree the tank should be aluminum. Those headers get red hot. I am not aware of any problems with the plastic tanks, but the extra cost of the aluminum is worth it to me.

I have a front mount on my '03 Mtn - started out as a MCX and went bigger with the turbo. I've had a fire, caused by cracked down pipe. I was very happy that I had the aluminum tank - I think the plastic one would have melted for sure. The race gas in the tank was boiling as it was. The crack created a blow-torch effect and blew right thru my aluminum heat shielding. Very scary and ugly situation. Kip's fire suit idea wasn't so bad...

I have worked a lot with aluminum tanks in aircraft , They crack rather often. One would be better of to use the plastic tank and bond a aluminum sheet on it around the turbo area.
Or go super charger.

Back