• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turbo for 2005 RX-1

cadman

Veteran
Can someone tell me what a stage1 turbo would cost? What is the best brand to use? Not really into racing that much but my friends have a 2005 900 fusion and a ski-doo machZ. They said they are going to spank me bad unless the lake is 2-mi long. They want to run 660' front dead start. I am picking up sled in 2-weeks on mods are olin front shocks, graphite slides and drop 1-tooth on gear so I can still trail ride. Thanks in Advance

Buy any Turbo on the market, all you need is 6lbs of boost to stomp them into the ground. Period nuff said. (Unless they have NOS or a Turbo then you'll need more boost)

We all have our brand preferences, but Fever is correct pretty much any turbo with 5 or 6 pounds of boost will accomplish your goal.

Also DO call Matt he is knowledgable and an all around god guy.

What's up with the 5 to 6# stuff? :ORC :drink: :itchy:

How many guys here run 5 lbs????? LaLaLa :tg:

lakercr said:
Well, I don't know about him being a "god" guy, but he is pretty good to deal with... :tg:

CRAP!! now we are all going to have to live with the inflated head I probably just gave Matt! It was a typo. :drink:

Uncle Buck,

I run 5 pounds............. down the trail on my way to the good stuff :shock: :shock:

spray25 said:
Uncle Buck,

I run 5 pounds............. down the trail on my way to the good stuff :shock: :shock:

That's all right Ray I'm used to waiting. :moon:

POWERHAULIC: Are you using an aftermarket boost controller, or are you adjusting the wastegate to create a higher low boost setting? Thanks

The rod on the actuator has a lock nut on it. Loosen it and turn the rod clockwise(tighten). This puts more tension on the diaphram spring which requires more pressure from the compressor to overcome and move the actuator rod to open the wastegate on the turbo.

There is no locknut on mine??? It is in a fixed position mounted to the exhaust side of turbo going into the wastegate.. Maybee I need a longer rod??

Back