• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turbo Nytro Question about boost & a/f

Big_Phil

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Sidewinder RTX LE
Hey I have a push turbo kit, set to the wastegate spring psi. Nytro rtx running sealevel.

The boost gauge that came with the kit is pretty hard to read, but seems to be at 7 psi or so.

My a/f ratio at full throttle is high. 12.9 or 13. I maxed out the dobeck controller, and it makes no difference. The first couple of runs after added fuel on the controller, the a/fs went down to between 12-12.5, but a few runs later it came back up to 12.9-13.1, so I know my injectors are maxed.

Is there a way to lower the psi at all? Or would i need a new wastegate actuator. I will make a call to push this week and see what he says, but just looking for ideas in the meantime cuz these guys are all so busy this time of year.

I know i can get a new fuel pump with regulator, and get my a/fs in line that way, but if im doing that i might as well get bigger injectors and a pcv pti with autotune. If the canadian dollar was at par or close to it, i would have ordered this all already, but we get the shaft up here in Canada, even the canadian performance shops sell everything in USD.

So my question is, is there an easy and cheap way to get 1 psi or so less or am I looking into buying new parts? thanks

Yes soften the waste gate spring and you should be able to get it down to 4 pounds and work your way up to 6

Yes soften the waste gate spring and you should be able to get it down to 4 pounds and work your way up to 6

Ok. Are you saying get a different spring or cut a coil off the current wastegate spring and see where that takes me?

Thanks!

Ok. Are you saying get a different spring or cut a coil off the current wastegate spring and see where that takes me?

Thanks!

There should be a threaded rod on the wastegate you will have to pull the circlip off and loosen the rod off and that will take your base boost down.

Push says the spring is 7-8 psi. I have the threaded rod set with no tension. So I think that's as low as it will go without modifying or changing the spring.

Not sure if the wastegate you have has an adjustable spring if not you will have to change the actuator. or you can try backing it right off as far as you can just to see if it goes down.

good luck getting ahold of PUSH!!! I have called multiple times from june until about a month ago and left a few messages and I have even emailed them a few times and I have never heard from them. I am running the exact same setup as you on my 09 rtx at sea level and I'm sick of running part race fuel because for some reason mine likes to build ten pounds of boost according to the gauge that came in the kit.

FPP has low boost replacement actuators they use for their kits to get down to 4-5 psi, I know guys have been going that route. Might try calling them and seeing what they recommend for the low elevation PUSH kits to make them truely rideable at low elevation.

good luck getting ahold of PUSH!!! I have called multiple times from june until about a month ago and left a few messages and I have even emailed them a few times and I have never heard from them. I am running the exact same setup as you on my 09 rtx at sea level and I'm sick of running part race fuel because for some reason mine likes to build ten pounds of boost according to the gauge that came in the kit.

Ya mine seems to be at 7-8 psi. The boost gauge that comes with the kit is some chinese garbage. SO its hard to tell for sure.
Ive contacted them twice and got an answer pretty quickly both time. Once by phone and once by email.
I might have to call FPP and inquire about that lower boost actuator. At least its probably an animal at 10psi. lol.

Ya mine seems to be at 7-8 psi. The boost gauge that comes with the kit is some chinese garbage. SO its hard to tell for sure.
Ive contacted them twice and got an answer pretty quickly both time. Once by phone and once by email.
I might have to call FPP and inquire about that lower boost actuator. At least its probably an animal at 10psi. lol.

yea, feels great at 10psi but idk for how long its never been above 1k feet of elevation.

Thanks, Good find, I guess I should have searched for that too. I ended up taking the push kit off and selling it tho. It was fast, theyre just not really designed for a short track however. The track was contacting the charge tube as well, and I didnt want to have to re-engineer the whole kit to make it work for me.

that's weird, I have no clearance issues on my 09 rtx with rail extensions to make it a 136" I adjusted the wastegate rod and it seems to be a consistent 7-8psi for the 250 miles I have put on it this season.

that's weird, I have no clearance issues on my 09 rtx with rail extensions to make it a 136" I adjusted the wastegate rod and it seems to be a consistent 7-8psi for the 250 miles I have put on it this season.

Do you have studs?

Everytime I did a wheelie my studs would hit the charge tube. 7-8 psi is too much for the stock fuel system. Do you have a wideband a/f gauge? I couldnt get mine below 13.1 a/f ratio, when you need to be at 11.8 or so at WOT. Be careful at that boost level, get some fuel thats not quite 91 octane and do a long pull, might have some trouble.

Back