• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turbo or Supercharger for trail riding?

04WarriorUpNY

Hi guys.... I am interested in forced induction for mostly trail riding. I was wondering what advise you guys might have from your experiences for which would be better for trail riding.... turbo or super. I am guessing either would work due to the fact that the turbo lag probably really wouldn't be noticable on the trail. I would prefer to run pump gas. Which kits have you guys had the best luck with...........Thanks

2004 RX Warrior
PPI wide front end and roller secondary
ECP Kit
Ice Ripper XT
Apex Seat

My S/c 04 Rx1 mtn is awsome on the trails and boondocking, running 10 lbs so race or avgas mix is a must. Instant boost for hard accelleration back out and hit throttle again and you won't stop smiling ;)! Can't comment on turbo's as I don't have any experience with them. Once you boost it's hard to go back, I'm having a hard time leaving the wifes phazer stock,except for the long track.

As far as I know yes. Installed myself back in 06, growing pains like clutching, bypass valves but all sorted out now, lots to research on this site. If you have any questions I or someone else will try to help you. :rocks:

Supercharger for trail duty is the weapon of choice. I shimmed my head for 10:1 CR and run 10-11 psi on 91 fuel. I carry torco race fuel concetrate for times when I only get 87 octane in the boonies and it works and gets you to the next fuel stop.

I get about 65-75miles before the low fuel light comes on probably 90-100 miles on a tank at the very most so you will have to plan you gas stops a little bit.

I put 1500 miles on this year and it was turn key. Never had a issue with the SC system and never even popped the hood to check it.

I pound the heck out of the moguls with the ZX2 and everything is very well built on the SC kit, it rivals OEM.

2274miles on sled, s/c installed @ 400. Riding in Valemount last weekend low fuel lite on at 58 miles, worked sled hard in meadows, cutblocks and highmarking. 04 mtn did not come with rear exchanger, no heat issues unless slow riding on hardpack trails,( following the wife) :tg: icescratchers a must. mileage 5-7 mpg working hard( high boost) probably 8-10 trail.

Go with the S/C for no BS trail riding. Did the S/C thing and went turbo, although we have had no issues with turbo the s/c was more fun on the trials, turbo is faster on the lake. Race fuel and 16 lbs. boost is fun. but pump gas and 10lbs all day is better!!!

Your thumb regulates the gas milage!!!

Back