• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turbo Turmoil

treewhacker

Expert
OK, I'm still pondering the idea of a turbo. I want some opinions as to which would be best for my mountain riding. The MC Express claims a true 190 horse on pump gas, then why is the Bender only producing 180? It seems like they all have strong points, but I'm trying to decide which would be best for my 6000 to 9000 foot riding. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks, Bill
getpicture.php

Quote from a sled mag in sweden,"Snowrider":

"AC:s new 660 turbo puts out 110 hp at sealevel and all the way up to
3000 m (9000 feet). At this altitude its a very high output since a stock
900 twin only gives at best 105 hp.
This is the reason that we probably will see more turbocharged 4-stroked
mountainsleds in the future,with proper guiding of the boostpressure they
will be nearly unsensitive(?) for high altitudes."

I think this also goes for our rx1-T and both MC-X and Bender would be a good choise.
There must be a reason that www.tisonperformance.com ,who builds highperformance mountainsleds ,also sell turbos ,give them a call.

That is something many don't don't think about. There isn't a loss to speak of when you go to 9000'. That's what makes a turbo sled shine at altitudes. So........Why does the Bender turbo have ten less hp than the MC, or is MC lying about it?

TW;
I'm going to be running Jason's in the mountain to test for him. He is getting the final touches on his right now. I talked to him last night and he said they are around 3 weeks out. From looking at all the turbo's out there his system looks to be the best for me in the mountains. Plus by my calculations, this system will drop about 30 lbs off the sled! I'm sure he will post and give you the dirt.
SS

Out of the belly pan? That sounds loud! :shock: Avalange warning?
Just kiddin. A turbo would make it a bit more quite than a stock without
a turbo :wink:

TW;
Yes, it does exit out the belly pan. And no I don't have pics yet. And yes I do know the price, but it's not my product and I don't know if everything has been finalized yet, so I don't want to over step my bounds on this. I will say that it is quite a bit less than all the others. When jtssrx posts he will tell you the particulars I'm sure. It's his baby, sorry.
SS

Back