• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turbo? What does it actually help with? Do I need one?

I just rode with a buddy that has a normally aspirated Nytro while I ride an MPI 180 kit. We came down a decent sized hill, maybe 400-500 feet to play in some smaller hills. When we went back at the end of the day, my boosted Nytro was night and day difference compared to his NA for that hill. Although some can be attributed to his riding skills a lot had to do with the power available. He made four attempts trenching bad on the previous three. A group of riders on mixed sleds all had no major issues. I was stoked when they stopped and help, we were a long ways out in the afternoon.

Having said all of that, I personally wouldn't own this sled without boost. I also wouldn't own it without the Skinz A-arms or Timbersled suspension although I understand the newer Nytro suspension is a much improved version from mine (2009).

These are expensive endeavors but I feel that I can do most things a Pro can do except two things 1) tight tree riding/technical terrain 2) Getting unstuck compared to a Pro (I'm still approx 100 pounds heavier!) But I can do other things they can't: incredible power, huge dependability/reliability.

These sleds have a higher learning curve but they are a blast if you stick with them.

Good luck with your decision, boost is a lot of fun and my front end pops up with ease.

Lucky I still have the stock front end and I think for the most part I can boondock through the trees just as well. I drag people to the trees that are not so comfortable trying to negotiate them.

I am very happy with full exhaust, airbox/k&n and pcv5. My fuel range still sucks I was hoping that would improve.

I wish I could down hill turn better so that is why front end is in order at some point.

So my opinion beeze is low boost kit if you have the coin or I think you would be happy with full exhaust. Both for your elevation I think will get you what you are looking for.

Prior to my mods with the timbersled skid I could not get the skis off the ground. Now when I hit it I can get it to carry skis up the hill it I need it.

akvector said:
Lucky I still have the stock front end and I think for the most part I can boondock through the trees just as well. I drag people to the trees that are not so comfortable trying to negotiate them.

I am very happy with full exhaust, airbox/k&n and pcv5. My fuel range still sucks I was hoping that would improve.

I wish I could down hill turn better so that is why front end is in order at some point.

So my opinion beeze is low boost kit if you have the coin or I think you would be happy with full exhaust. Both for your elevation I think will get you what you are looking for.

Prior to my mods with the timbersled skid I could not get the skis off the ground. Now when I hit it I can get it to carry skis up the hill it I need it.

Mine is similar. With the hindle setup my sled carries the skis. Every time I climb the skis are never touching the ground. Seem to be able to climb as high as most 800's.

You will like the skinz upgrade. It really impressed me in the mountains this year vs stock front end last year. Very easy to pull over even on a down hill. If you come to a steep section and dont want to free wheel down you can lay it over easily and slide down and use throttle to slow you down or navigate where you need to go. Check out some of my vids below. They do not do it justice on how steep some of the stuff was but you get the idea. SO I really recommend the skinz front end.

Note that I run Elkas. I also found you need to adjust the left side to even out the ski pressure as the right is heavier. This made the sled much more manageable on left side. By my 4th day out there I had it dialed in perfect and sidehilling left and right was exactly the same.

I wish I could try a 190 kit before I bought one. I like my current setup but to have the hp at elevation would be really nice. Just no need for it in the prairies and want to keep the sled useable everywhere.

I regularly ride between 9,000 and 11,000 feet. Figure an average of 30% HP loss on a NA engine in my riding area. My 180 kit is perfect for the riding I do. The bottom end power is very stock like and manageable for poking in the trees, then I have the added power when I need it. Fits my riding style perfectly - until the next big thing I guess......

After installing an MPI turbo on my nytro, I couldn't imagine ever going without boost ever again. The extra hp that the turbo provides makes that sled something completely different, no longer is the weight as noticeable and the ability to lift the skis at will is awesome! The MPI is a clean fitting turbo that requires very little altering to the sled and provides a nice clean look with up to 7lbs of boost if you are careful and run all the proper gauges.

:die

Marmaduke2011 said:
After installing an MPI turbo on my nytro, I couldn't imagine ever going without boost ever again. The extra hp that the turbo provides makes that sled something completely different, no longer is the weight as noticeable and the ability to lift the skis at will is awesome! The MPI is a clean fitting turbo that requires very little altering to the sled and provides a nice clean look with up to 7lbs of boost if you are careful and run all the proper gauges.

:die

Hey duke you live in RM #241?

Back