• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turn on gauges without starting engine!

blackbay2005

Veteran
A handy trick if you don't really want to start the engine to see your tripmeter, odometer or fuel gauge!

With key off--Hold down thumbwarmer and then turn key on continuing to hold down thumbwarmer for 10 seconds.

Alas she lights up! :yam:

That tip works great! No more starting it up to find out how much gas is left in the tank. Good call blackbay!

Blackbay, how did you find out about this? Did you find it out by yourself or someone else? Anyway, it is awesome. I hated to start the engine just to check the gas level. Thanks for the tip.

I have to give credit where credit is due! My Yamaha mechanic showed me the trick! He learned it at a maintenance seminar!

One thing to remember (when your thumb is getting cold) that this also turns the thumb warmer down to the lowest level! So your presets aren't screwing up!! :shock:

Is this new for 05 or do the 03-04 have this feature? ===SRXSRULE===

Rules this was new on the 05 RS line of sleds and I believe this feature will be on all 06 four-strokes. I only wish you didn't have to wait 8-10 seconds for it to come on. When you stop along the trail at night and want to turn them on to alert oncoming traffic of your postion it would be nice to be able to quickly turn them on.

The Yamaha rep showed me that trick at a demo ride earlier this season. Very nice feature to have.

Back