• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turning bulbs in headlight - did anyone actually try this?

xcr5

Extreme
Read someone was going to try turning the bulbs a 1/4 turn in the headlights - if anyone has tryed this please post results.

Thanks,

XCR5

1/4 turn bulbs

To try to correct the high/low beem discrepency (low beem 5ft in front of sled/ high beem in the trees) issue. Read someone was going to try this and thought it might actually have worked???

I put in silverstars and I also adjusted the low/high beam. They come from the factory/dealer very screwed up (at least mine did) When you had your high beams on they pointed to the sky. It's a simple dial near the headlight pod assembly. You need to take the riser block trim ring off and the top cover off (If I remember right) to get at it but it's easy to do.

lights

2blue4u - #1 tell me more about the silverstars are they higher wattage? What makes them better? How much and where do you find them? #2 I know I can adjust the brights to hit the trail, but then the dim will definately be about 5' infront of the sled! Do the brighter bulbs help you find a happy medium? I really find the sled difficult to drive at night as on low beam you out drive the headlight and on high beam you're waking up the OWLS!!!!

Tell me more about the silverstars - I see some have mentioned somthing about H4 bulbs, can't say I really know that much about the difference in bulbs...

XCR5

lights

So Silverstars are a brand and H4 or 9003 is the part # for them correct? Does a "whiter" light actually have the same effect on the 07 RTX do to the amber/yellow tint on our headlight lenses??? They are also the same wattage as the factory bulbs?

How much do these Silverstars run?

Re: lights

xcr5 said:
So Silverstars are a brand and H4 or 9003 is the part # for them correct? Does a "whiter" light actually have the same effect on the 07 RTX do to the amber/yellow tint on our headlight lenses??? They are also the same wattage as the factory bulbs?

How much do these Silverstars run?

They are sylvania silverstars and the part number when I bought them was the 9003. They are the brightest light that sylvania offers and a much whiter light for sure.You will notice a drastic change from the stock bulb to this one. I payed around $55 for the pair at wallmart taxes in. Yes they draw the same wattage, but output is the difference. Your other alternative is the PIAA plasmas but over $100 a pair but are an excellent bulb as well. I know a guy who runs the PIAA's and 2 of us run the silverstars both on RTX 07's.

Sylvania now makes an Ultra Silverstar claiming they are 20% brighter and longer lasting. Some have reported the regular one's failing after some time. I have never had a sled long enough to know how durable they are :o|

lights

So the guys that are running the silverstars has the change taken care of the drastic change from low beam to high beam? Do you feel they were worth the money???

lights

Ride height plays a big role in headlight adjustment, my big buddy and I mean big, makes my lights shine somewhere between the big dipper and pluto. LOL
Adjust your lights for you, according to your owners manual and the Silverstars are a best buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I bought mine a wally world, hate the store, but thesilverstars were there stairing at me. I fired up the sled and can not beleive the diff, and if I had any snow? I could tell you if they are great on the trail, but as of now? they really light up my shop.LOL :jump:

Hey, I'm totally aware on adjusting the headlight. Problem is with stock bulbs there just doesn't seem to be a happy medium! Will check out WallyWorld on my way home...

Thanks again guys...

Back