• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ulmer clutch kit vs fix power sports clutch kit

How would you compare 2 clutch kits?
Which one accelerates faster on hard pack snow?
Which one has better top end on hard pack snow?
Which one backshifts better?
which one works better in soft snow?
How much does temps effect the way it works?
Do I lose a lot of rpm,s going from hardpack to deep snow?
Are my clutch faces real warm?
How is customer support?
Were rpm,s bang on after it was installed with no tweaking?
I can think of way more questions to ask when comparing 2 clutching set ups but this is a good start!

Any results?? :jump:

I dont line my sled up and worry about every mph. So, as for a clutch kit....I would rather buy from someone that has great service and is more then willing to help out any way he/they can.

Thats ALLEN ULMER!!

Nothing like calling a company and getting the "boss" and she is as friendly as they get and after she brightens up your day, she transfers it to Allen. Who is just excited to talk to me as I am him...thats what its all about. That how I conduct my business and enjoy others that do the same. FAMILYMAN!

I'm leaning towards Ulmers Stage II....

-----Has anyone used the new 2 SPEED Heel Clicker clutch kit or the original Heel Clicker clutch kit? My budies have heel clicker clutch kits on their ski-doos and love them...

About what I look for in a clutch kit...I look for low-mid acceleration!!!! QUALITY and SERVICE!!!!

I have used the 2 speed hammertimes in my RX-1 Turbo at 15 pounds boost & also in my Attak. They actually feel slower but the feeling is decieving. It is a strong linear pull that was the quickest/fastest clutching I ever tested in either of my sleds. What "FEELS" faster is usually slower!!! A strong linear pull at optimum rpm,s with out belt slip is the best performance your gonna get. Got that with hc,s but the stock clutching also worked well with tweakage!!! The one thing that Al(ulmer racing) can do extremely well is in after service sales which supertorquer is not in hi regard for. If your not an experienced clutch tuner call Al!!! Hell; even if you are experienced still call him!!!!m If you have the time; energy & experience you can tweak anything to work well with the emphasis on time. Pick a vendor that will help you tune your clutching in 100% as that is where a trail sled will see it,s biggest gains.

Thank you Turk!

Yes, service is a big thing! Its always nice when people "CARE"!! and want to help you. Not just take your money and leave you in the dust.

YAMAHA MAN

Turk is Right what the heck does best mean. Have you ever seen Ulmer, Fix and Hauk and the rest race, I have and usually you can't see who won it is so close .
They know enough about clutching to make them run then the conditions change and he who guessed the conditions wins. THey are all good. Tell them the goals you have and they will set them up.

I spoke to Jerry Fix and he says his kit is for trail corner to corner blasts-back shift and accel - and he is happy with TOP and drag performance - seems great per reports, but goal was King of trail not track.

So no help here telling what is 'best' but think they are all good at what they do.

Yamadoo

Back