• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ulmer Nytro Engine Code 35????

quadtrac

Veteran
Took my 08 nytro out today and it was running great at about 6lbs boost. Then I let it idle for a few minutes and all the sudden it sounded like it was missing on one cylinder, and then I seen it was flashing engine code 35. I was running 50/50 avgas in it at the time. I tried to drive it around to see if it would clean out and once in awhile it would run fine. But now it I cant get it to run any better. Any Ideas? Thanks Guys!

malfunction detected in the primary lead of cylinder number 3 ignition coil. could be open or short circuit in wire harness, malfunction of cylinder #3 ignition coil, malfunction in ecu, malfunction in a component of the ignition system. do u know how to run diagnostics on this sled. u can run diagnostic code number 32 and check for spark. or u can simply sheck for spark like any other four stroke.

I know the coils are not the easiest to get at but you can swap coils with a different cylinder and see if the code changes. My experience with coil on plug systems in trucks and cars thus is usually the easiest way. Often times resistance will Check out fine on the coil but under a load the coil fails. You can check signal to the coil also. If you don't have a scope use a digital voltmeter with it set to the ac voltage setting and you should pick up a voltage signal that will increase with rpm.

Found the problem, What happened was the dowpipe got loose and it was blowing hot air on everything. Ended up melting one of the plug coils and the wiring that it plugs into. Does anybody know how to fix those two wires that plug into the coil? Thanks

Back