• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ulmer secondary

allyammies

VIP Member
Anyone send their secondary into Ulmer to get machined.Thinking of sending mine in,wondering if it helps with the top end.

Secondary will only help with spring coil bind. Both primary and secondary need to be machined for the best gains.

If your sled is naturally aspirated (non turbo charged ) Ulmer recommends only machining the secondary. I copied this from his web site.

I ordered this trail performer package from him, and just installed it 4th of July weekend so I do not know how well it will work, until the snow falls. Best thing to do is call Mr.Ulmer he is a great guy to talk to and will answer any questions you might have. I will say after his clutch work, my 8DN belt with just the one stock shim installed, the belt rides up right were it should be, before his machining I had 2 extra shims on each bolt.

Trail Performer Package #4
•SR Viper Hi-Flow Muffler
***The Hi-Flow muffler allows access to the chaincase tensioner, is a deeper tone, but not obnoxiously loud and has no packing to replace***
•SR Viper Hi-Flow Intake
•SR Viper Power Commander
•SR Viper Clutch Kit
•Gains 13-14 hp
•$1286

3. 8DN/8JP belt with secondary setup properly will allow you approximately 113-115 mph. ***This is the option for naturally aspirated SR Viper models***

4. 8DN belt with both primary and secondary setup to match the belt properly will allow you approximately 120-121 mph. ***This is the option for turbo SR Viper models***

So, let me understand this. If a person elects to go with the Trail Performer Pkg #4 on a stock Viper and opts to have the secondary machined with the package, it would not be necessary to have the primary set-up nor would it require a gear change from the stock 24/50?

Tried calling Allen....left a message for a return call.

I just got a clutch kit and got both machine ( primary & secondary ) everything else is stock , I also got a team secondary clutch to try this year too , and a ultimax belt to replace the stock 8jp belt

I just spoke to Allen and I am sending him my clutches this week. I have used his stuff in the past with great results and I hope this time will yield the same results. I love the sled but it was a DOG on the big end. I REALLY hope this is the difference.

Last edited:
I'm just waiting to get my secondary and kit back from Ulmer. Can't wait to feel the difference.

Last edited:
Allen, if I send my clutches to you....when could I see them back?

Very cool allyammies

I've got his clutch kit and already have my secondary back. I also have his muffler, K&N intake, and power commander. I'm using an Ultimax XS803 belt (old 8DN belt length). I'm also swapping out to a 1.352" cobra track.
I'll let you know how it all turns out.
I know that late last year my performance improved dramatically just by swapping back to the old belt length and adjusting the secondary with an extra washer for belt deflection.

Boxed my secondary up and mailed it in today as well, hopefully his clutch kit and machining the secondary will get me more consistent and add some nice gains

Sent both the primary and secondary to Allen on a Friday, they were shipped back out the following Monday with incredible explanation and service as always from Ulmer Racing! I for one CANNOT WAIT to try out the new setup!!

Back