• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

umm icing problem?

DooAssassin

Expert
This is after a ride in -30 weather today and its a recurring problem. I cant even drive in deep snow with out it plugging up. Yes, there was a prefilter on, this is what it looked like under the prefilter! I might need to get a block off plate or relocate my fillter.. lol :die

Attachments

• IMG_20111229_144630.jpg
    IMG_20111229_144630.jpg
    560.4 KB · Views: 56

Is that flter sticking out the back, exposed in the open? Or is it under the rear cover but exposed to the track and snow dust via the open bottom?
I am still running the coarse foam Uni snow filter with a pre-filter skin on my rear mount, and it's covered behind the side cone and FPP has a plate under the turbo that shields everything from the track...
It never plugs up but it also doesn't filter much, just large stuff.
Was going to try a K&N but now thinking 2x.

Attachments

• FPP_Apex_Cold Air Box (1).JPG
    FPP_Apex_Cold Air Box (1).JPG
    176.3 KB · Views: 55
its under the rear cover and is exposed to track snow. But only untill it is packed up with snow then no more. I couldnt get passed 5 psi, this was the problem. You should of seen inside this filter about a inch of ice had pooled on one side. Thanks for the info

yeah, you need to build a block-off plate under the turbo to keep the track dust out.
I think I read on here before of guys doing that for their MCX kits, I know Nytro's need them badly, or plumb the filter out the back.
The look of the filter hanging off the back on a trail sled doesn't do it for me, attracts too much attention when rolling thru checkpoints. I prefer a clean stealth look.

I was having the same issues in deep powder. I purchased a stainless intake filter from cr racing and doubled my screen socks. Never had the problem again . Alot of guys buy a rad hose w a 90. The filter stays up in the air[but looks goofy, but works too].

crracingcanada.com

Back