• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Updated Starter??????

gaheinzm

What's the deal with the updated starter. Basically, what is the problem that people are experiencing. I have an '07 fx and my dad has an '07 gt. I bought mine new when it came out, but my dads was a leftover a season. My sled has 1450 miles and my dads has almost 800. They both seem to take longer to start than ever. I've been told they don't start like the big motor sleds because they need to build oil pressure first. Even that being the case, it never used to take upwards of 15-20-30 (with breaks in between) seconds of cranking to start either one. This is even when its been in a heated shed that's like 60 degrees.

I noticed tonight that the gauge in rpm mode was only showing 300-400 rpm when the starter was going. I thought that it took at least 500 rpm for the decompression feature to open up and get going. Also, mybro just got a nytro xtx and it seems like the starter sounds like it spins faster even. Just seem like the starter needs some speed or something. Anyways, let me know what you guys have been experiencing.

Well I would start with the battery.Mine took a dive this year.They are 3 years old now.Do a load test.

My phazer FX cranks over at 270 rpm. If it takes longer than 7-8 seconds of cranking, you may have:

A. Old gas, put a bottle of seafoam in the tank and fill with fresh 91 octane

B. Bad plugs.

I would fill with fresh gas and go for a ride, then see how it starts.

the only time that i had to try 2 or 3 times is when its really cold,-25f and under and also when going for first rides in the season with the gas from the prior season,it did that this year again with old gas,as soon as i filled it up with new gas and ran it for a while it cleared up

Back