• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Updated suspension parts......

TTT................ Any news???? I need new linkage parts and I do not want the same old junk that will break again in 1000 miles........... OR LESS!!!! :o| :o|

Hey Dave, I don't have the part #'s put hound your dealer cuz the parts are out there and they are good. I pounded the heck out of my rear skid this weekend and everything is good. Tell them to get a hold of there warranty guy, he will no about it. Don't get to discouraged, its a first year model, its going to have issues, wether you like it or not we are the real R & D, and as long as they acknowledge the problems and come out with solutiions I'm happy. Its no better in any other camp with a first year model, trust me. They all have there problems, I break a suspension link, and my buddies clutch broke right of the crank on his F1000 this weekend, it happens. :4STroke:

I broke my link also this weekend. My dealer told me I should have a new one by this Friday, I told him there was a new designed one so I hope I get it. Phazerfly could you possibly get a pic of the new part? I am curious what it looks like.

donnyrhodes said:
where are the pictures of the broken part?

I don't have any pics... the dealer had to take the parts that were broken and have them sent back to yamaha. My dealer has had 4 fx sleds this week for the same problem. There's definetly a problem and I do belive yamaha is aware of it and addressing it. It seems that the Fx and not the GT is having the problem.

Local Kid in town here has a Phazer. He busted the lower shock mount on the front arm a week and a half and missed the weekend waiting for parts. then took it out this Saturday and the rear shock has now blown (20mph ride home from 40 miles out). Also while he was out the sled got real loud, he suspects something on the exhaust header. I was going to pick on of these Phasers up as the price has really come down around here. Way too many issues though....I ride a rev 440 but normally have a lot of respect for Yamaha's dependability but this is crazy reading through these posts. Seems like Yamaha is not taking them seriously either, that is probably the most concerning issue.

1) ICE
2) Overheating
3) Poor starting (saw this one on youtube)
4) Reverse issues
5) Suspension Breakage
6) Blown Shocks
7) Exhaust bolts vibrating loose
8) Rapid hyfax wear
9) Delaminating bogie wheels

all this tels me is STAY AWAY....STAY FAR AWAY....at least for now anyways because I rode one and really liked it.

Tom

here is my link and arm that broke

Attachments

• link.jpg
    link.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 69
  • arm.jpg
    arm.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 90
I said this in another post: My linkage/front arm broke also broke. As for the linkage, I looked at it when I tore it apart and I was laughing at the part. I asked a co worker that is a engineer and fabricator and he said the same thing I thought. One reason why the link broke was the lack of welding. The bushings are less than halfway welded and poor welds at that. If it was completely welded around it would be stronger but a billet block is the way to go.

My FX is currently at the dealer to have the broken link replaced under waranty. Yamaha has OK'ed the skipment of the new stronger replacement parts. The Yamaha factory guy refered to the new parts as the "hero Kit".

I have not been riding this sled as hard as my 7000 mile RX1, so I would hardly call me a "hero"

I should have the sled back by next tuesday.

My dealer promised me by this Friday, he shipped the parts 2-3 day air freight on Monday. I am doing the work myself because the dealer is backed up and I just want to ride.

HERO KIT (LOL)

You could remind them that Yamaha shows "JIMMI (backflip) BLAZE) jumping this thing all over the place in their marketing videos. I read on here the other day that a guys wife has broke this part 2 times already. I am not saying she doesn't ride hard but I think it is an amazing joke that Yamaha markets products they way they do then terms the repair a HERO KIT when even a woman rider can break the part.

does anyone have part numbers for these new stronger parts? Mine is busted as well and I want to make sure I get the newest stuff.

I checked my invoice and there are no part numbers listed. I was going to take some pictures but left the camera somewhere. Since the new parts I have put on 200 or so miles and all has been great. Sled has been great other than this issue and my wife loves it. I think I can finally trust it again!!

Back