• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Upgrade to a ZX2 Suspension or go with the Apex

bluecanuck

Extreme
I have a line on a used ZX2 suspension I can probably get into my machine for a $1000. Should I spend the money or wait and get a 07 or 08 Apex? My 03 machine is in real good shape and the only thing it needs is a track at the end of this season. I have just had it with the suspension and mostly traill ride so the weight is not ideal but managable.

Any comments or recommendations are appreciated

All depends on how much you want to spend in the end.
Spring summer you can find good deals on skids and tracks.. It will be cheaper to go that route, The Apex is a sweet sled, but it still has less than stellar stock rear suspension..

suspension

I upgraded my 03 RX-1 with an ATTAK 136" monoshock for about $500 a couple years ago.MUCH better all around ride.I would think the ZX2 would be even better.I plan on keeping The old RX a few more years (only 9000 miles!) & see what comes out then ;)!

Thx for the feedback. I lost the deal on the ZX2 so I will need to keep looking. If am currently researching the proactive suspension out of a Nytro. My only worry is it will be too stiff for general trail riding.

I have an expert X in my warrior and a different skids makes a hell of a difference in these sleds. With a skid that transfers weight it feels like it lost 100 pounds when i pin the throttle the front end actuallly comes off the ground even with a 136" track lol

I have the Proaction in my 03 with Nytro shocks and springs. Also have Apex A-Arms, Vector Gt clicker shocks with Attak springs. Run Yamaha mid keel Skis with stock carbides. Sled rides great and handles the junk really good. handles and corners really good too.

Well now I am on to looking at a rebuilt M10 after I lost the deal on the ZX2. Less money and probably less of a suspension but it is seems to be tried and true. Question is what should I look for and other than moving the shocks for total failure is there any way to tell what shape they are in? They are claimed to be rebuilt.

Thanks again

I saw your post too late. I had a fully moded RX1 with a 13 Expert. I am now on a stock 09 Nytro SE. I really like this new sled, don't get me wrong, but there was nothing that handles the bumps like the X. That skid is far superior in comfort to what I have now. I really miss it. I had many opinions on the new sled with people saying it was just as good, if not better, but after riding both, I know first hand it is not the case.

set up the m-10 right and its not perfect ( poor weight transfer) but it will be worlds better to ride than the stock skid. I have one in my stable and no longer dread riding it.

Back