• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Upgrading my Nytro

redeye

Just sold my 08 MTX(stock) figured by the time I spent the time on a under tunnel, seat, track, racks etc I might as well buy a new one.

I have heard that there were lots of improvements from the 08s to the 10s and I assume even more for the 11s.

2010 or 2011 is the question? Or is there any difference.

i just went from a 09 to a 10, 10 and 11 are the same, got a great deal on a 10. It feels like a different sled, but the turbo kind of helps too :)

I know they have discontinued the older Maverick track because Tracks USA and Camplast no longer list that track as an option on their web sites. Yamaha may have stock piled them for the '08-'11 seasons and are going to change the track on the '12 sleds.

I think the '10's are marginally better but people on here still complain about them not hooking up very well. I changed out mine this year on my '08 MTX and went with a powerclaw and its acts like a completely different sled.

At first it was pretty goos. 600mi later & it is the same as the older ones.

the 10's had the single ply maverick. so it was lighter and supposedly better.

I rode with my stock '09 153 and now have a '10 162 Maverick. Its better, but not as good as a CE or PC.

Thanks guys,
A bit late in the season to pull the pin on a new one and havent come accross any real deals either. Hopefully Yami has listened and ditched the Maverick for the 12s.
Having no sled sucks!

Back