• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Used Boss Seat Install - Anybody with pics?

doo_man

Expert
Bought a used Boss seat off another site and it came melted in the rear underside. I have repaired it the best I can, but I think it's going to be a tough fit. Need some help with a couple of things: where can I by the material used as a heat shield? also, does seat fit well with stock exhaust shield (seems to push seat up too much). I have tried to get the seat to sit flush with tunnel and exhaust molding but still not a clean finish! Please help! I'm ready to buy an 05 seat, I like the weight and feel of the Boss seat though.

My seat is doing exactly what u are describing i havet had time to fool with it but will soon i ALSO had my MPI exaust ceramic coated it will cut down on the heat by 300 degrees so they say Mpi also recomneds doing this and removing the stock heat shiled for more weight savings but i will call them this week and get more info on this before i melt seat ,butt fire etc but the ceramic coat does work for a fact in other applications I am pretty happy with seat so far but have to finish 1st.will let u know when i get more info

Hey Guy,s when I put the Boss on my Warrior I had to take a soft blow and beat the shield down along the edges to get the seat lower ,also had to have my son push seat as far forward under tank cowling as I drilled snaps. Hope this helps alittle. Shield doesn't look to good after you beat the hell out of it but it worked. If you want to see how it fit go to e-bay item # 4564918536

Yeah, the heat shield needs to be replaced or lowered. I have considered cutting the top off and piecing together somehow. Just seems that this isn't designed well? What about the heat shield? I was going to use foam backed self adhesive foil tape but am concerned it won't work. Any other problems with seats melting out there?

Attachments

• apex exhaust 001.jpg
    apex exhaust 001.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 95
  • apex exhaust 002.jpg
    apex exhaust 002.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 97
Did you allready trim the plastic ridge down some on your exhaust covers? The seat will also hit them. As for the heat material, it looks like basic felt with heat tape on the underside. I might have to beat down the heat shield some though because my seat just barely makes contact with the velcro on the tunnel. I figured the seat would eventually form with my 280 lb. fully geared frame sitting on it. How did the guy you bought the seat from melt the back? Did he try running it with just the felt supplied by BOSS and the factory shield gone?

Still trying to get nice fit around exhaust covers, I trimmed shield down to follow contour of seat but still have gap? Anybody with pics, I want to see how everybody elses looks around covers!

Thanks, saw that think it's in the FAQ section here too. Just wanted more input, I'm pretty resourceful but I seem to have gap still at rear around covers. Would like better fit, tempted to buy 05 seat but really like the weight and feel of the BOSS. It's finished now, trimmed exhaust covers vertically to make good fit. Pretty happy, looks clean. :yam:

Attachments

• yamaha 009.jpg
    yamaha 009.jpg
    528.4 KB · Views: 160
  • yamaha 010.jpg
    yamaha 010.jpg
    506.2 KB · Views: 153

Back