• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Vector Dead on Trail Today

Vector1

Expert
After stopping for a short time on the trail today my sled would not even turn-over once. We had to tow it to the next road, where a group with other 4-strokes stopped and one guy had jumpers with him. It would start and run just fine after jumping it, however, the hand warmers are not working and the lights were dim. The hand warmers were cold before the dead battery, so I think its all related. Its at the shop now so I will find out later in the week what is wrong. Anyone have any ideas?

Sounds like the battery bought the farm. Mine did the same on the first ride of the year. Bad way to start. New battery and probs were gone.

My experience anyway.....

yes, dead battery.... the handwarmers, etc. not working is they system working in 'safety mode' so that you can get home...the accessories won't work unless the battery/charging system are working correctly. There are some other posts on here to the same effect, if you use the search function.

What year is your vector mine is an '05 and I haven't touched the battery yet, sounds like I might want to get one in the trailer as a spare.

sounds like the stator is dead, mine did the same yesterday, it is a vector 05.
Big job to change the stator, you have to lift the engine to replace it.$$$

Good luck.

Check the plug on the Rectifier/Regulator assembly. Clip on the + dc terminal was burnt. I replaced the connector and the charging system worked ok.

Back