• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Vector Limiter Strap

oldyami

What's the reason for moving the strap one hole up?I asked the dealer about this and they said they don't mess with the geometry much,they leave them stock.

pulling the limiter strap "down" or tighter puts more weight on the front end which some say helps the sled turn better and corner flatter. Loosening it takes weight off the front end

Pulling the limiter strap up raises the front of the skid slightly.This will put more weight on the skiis, doing this may help some with inside ski lift in the corners also takes a little weight off the front of the hyfax where they wear so much. The trade off is a little harder steering,probably not enough to notice though. Ive raised mine 1 hole on my vector and 2 holes on our 08 nytro.

monte1214 said:
- Where is this mysterious strap?

there's actually 2 of them and they're by the front rear shock. they look like leather straps and you'll see the holes where you can tighten or loosen them. I you do change them make sure you do the same to both.

FYI. The factory setting is with the bolts in the second hole from the top. G.B.

How many

I hear a lot of advice on limiter straps. How many people can say that they actually had someone look under the sled with the rider sitting on it to see if there was any slack in it. It seems to me that if there is slack in it and you loosen it up one more hole that you will have more slack in it with no effect at all on steering. In that case only weight transfer would be affected.
I'm just curious.

Geezer

Re: How many

Geezer 2 said:
I hear a lot of advice on limiter straps. How many people can say that they actually had someone look under the sled with the rider sitting on it to see if there was any slack in it. It seems to me that if there is slack in it and you loosen it up one more hole that you will have more slack in it with no effect at all on steering. In that case only weight transfer would be affected.
I'm just curious.

Geezer

They are not telling him to loosen it but to tighten it by one hole.

strap

I changed mine ,loosened it 1 hole. Helped with darting and the ride.don,t know about scintific proof just know how it reacts. : :

Well I moved the strap one hole tighter and got more inside corner ski lift than at the stock setting.loose ungroomed snow conditions.I ''ll try it on a packed trail after the groomers are out.

oldyami said:
Well I moved the strap one hole tighter and got more inside corner ski lift than at the stock setting.loose ungroomed snow conditions.I ''ll try it on a packed trail after the groomers are out.

Hmm, dont know. All I can say is that my Rage came set with the straps in the #2 hole from the top. I pulled the straps and dropped down to the #3 hole and noticed that the ski lift was greatly reduced and the steering effort was increased. I can see if you went up a hole that the skis would dart less as there is less weight on them. Just not sure why there would be more ski lift going down one hole tightening up the straps. G.B.

You really don't want to just tighten the strap without checking/ adjusting the other areas of the suspension. If you simply suck the strap up tighter, aside from making it harder to steer you could be riding on the rear of the track and losing traction and the good ride. All of your adjustments need to work together or you won't be happy with the sled.

twomorestrokes said:
You really don't want to just tighten the strap without checking/ adjusting the other areas of the suspension. If you simply suck the strap up tighter, aside from making it harder to steer you could be riding on the rear of the track and losing traction and the good ride. All of your adjustments need to work together or you won't be happy with the sled.

Agreed. I have my limiter tightened one hole to reduce hyfax wear at the bend and have tightened my center shock spring to compensate for the heavier steering and inside ski lift.

Back