• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Vector Mtn W/O Rear Heat Exchanger?

YaMon

Pro
Is anyone running a Vector Mtn without the rear heat exchanger?
Just ordered a Hartman Extension (thanks Kachess) and since that changes the geometry a little I would like to just put a straight pipe across if it will not create any overheating issues. This sled does spend some time on the trails though. Thanks for your help. :Rockon:

Eventually you will need the cooling back there whether it's a low snow trail or turbo install. I mounted a U cooler, they fit nice and flat and give tons of cooling.

JMO Rx1M5

I ran my S/C Vector at 13 pounds of boost this weekend in marginal snow (on the lake) and had no problem cooling it. If it sat and idled for a few minutes after a couple of hard pulls it would heat to 200*, but getting rolling brought it down in a hurry. I am running a 3/4" aluminum tube in place of my rear exchanger.

I am confident that in the hills, I won't have problems.

P.S. - YaMon, let me know about those brackets!

Mark, Thanks for the reply. Hope the Vector ran like you expected.

I am waiting for my Hartman Extension to arrive, I will see if I can make the brackets work, although MPI told me not to drill any additional holes. I was hoping that the brackets upper holes would be higher than stock so I can lower my rear end and get some weight off the skis. I will let you know later this week.

I heard to get the weight off the skis to drill a hole where the frt of the skid mounts 1" lower and that will relieve the ski pressure. I have not tried becuase I really do not think the ski pressure is that bad

That mod came straight from a yamaha dealer up here

4 days of riding in Cooke City - absolutely no problem with coolant temp (ran consistently 160 - 170 degrees) with the rear exchanger eliminated.

I made a set of brakets to leep the heat exchanger in the stock position, it hangs a little below the extention now but I sometimes ride in low snow conditions so it worked out well. I will post some pics of the brackets later but here is a profile shot of the sled.

Attachments

• RX 1 012.jpg
    RX 1 012.jpg
    435.1 KB · Views: 92
  • RX 1 003.jpg
    RX 1 003.jpg
    349.2 KB · Views: 93
I rode my 03 RX-1 151" with no exchanger, in low snow warm conditions and never had heat problems. It's just important to make sure no air in system!

Attachments

• CIMG0263.JPG
    CIMG0263.JPG
    231.2 KB · Views: 99
  • CIMG0266.JPG
    CIMG0266.JPG
    235.5 KB · Views: 108
  • CIMG0264.JPG
    CIMG0264.JPG
    234 KB · Views: 89

Back