• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

VECTOR PERFORMANCE

just bought a 05 vector , what a sled , took it out to see how fast, 111 on the speedo, bone stock! raced my bids piped sxr and took him up to 1000 ft then he went by, but im very pleased with its speed and performance in the trails.

I got rid of my Apex and bought the Vector, and I don't miss much other than the 100 mph plus.

I would give anything to find this video again, of Canadian Yamaha guys running the FI Vector against the Apex.

Apex vs. FI Vector Video

and the old shootout results

And the last shoot out results:
Top Speed:
Apex SE 2013... 90.91mph
RS Vector 2013... 89.64mph

1000 Foot Times:
Apex SE 2013... 10.032
RS Vector 2013... 10.447

Considering the fuel difference, the lower mounted motor, and the percentage of time I actually spend over 85 mph, I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

I love my 11 Vector LTX. Definitely not a speed sled but great corner to corner. I'm surprised to see a few posts saying the Apex is faster through ALL ranges.

My LTX will hands-down beat my Buddy's 10 Apex up to about 70 mph every run. Mine's bone stock with no adjustments from Factory. Maybe it's his set-up ??

We've lined up many times on many surfaces and it's always the same ... he passes me around 70 and rapidly drives away then, but I always eat him off the line ?

I always suspected it was the Genesis Torque Curve combined with Clutching ... I'll have to find another Apex to run !

There is no doubting the Apex has the top end, but I was thinking the same thing about being faster the entire range. I sold my Apex and got on the Vector without having a chance to line them up side by side, but it sure feels the same on the low end.

I sure wish I could find that video that Yamaha Canada put out with them racing the Vector and Apex. It is strange that they pulled and hide it so well.

Back