• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Vector Summerizing

vmax3

I have a 2010 Vector LTX, and am curious what is the best way to summerize it.
Any comments?

vmax3 said:
I have a 2010 Vector LTX, and am curious what is the best way to summerize it.
Any comments?

I am a newbie to 4 strokes and a Vector myself and I was told is to top up the gas tank with a higher rating gasoline and add some Sea Foam, run it through for 10 minutes.
Just fire the sled up every 4 to 6 weeks for 10-15 minutes after.

As far as everything else goes, I wash, dry, wax, grease and spray some silicone based penetrant/Ruct Check on all tie rods and suspension components, basically soak everything down and thats about it there.

I also raise the sled up off the suspension front and rear.

This is all I have been told to do (Sea Foam and gas part) but I am also curious if I am missing something?

rancidjo said:
also remove drive belt, loosen track, removal of battery with a tender on it

Why remove the battery if the pigtails stick out on the right side under the panel?

i guess there is no need to remove it, I just do on my 06 nytro because I put the battery up on my shelf, as I pull the airbox anyway to drain and clean my carbs

09nytro said:
blow out the cluches w/air to i always pull them off but that is just me

Does the primary remove fairly easy?

The way I have always done Polaris sleds was to buy the clutch removal tool and basically impact it off, are Yamaha clutches the same way?
I heard this was hard on the crank?

you will have to get a puller and a holding tool dont use an impacted that is hard on the crank if comes off hard put some grease in it it should come right off :Rockon:

Back