• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil Filter Aftermarket

Mochaboy

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Phazer fx
Have a 2010 RS vector and looking to do my first oil change. What are all of you using for oil filters? The NAPA 1356 should work right?

I too use Napa filters but opt for the Napa Gold which are essentially Wix filters. I know the oil filter numbers for the Nytro-1049cc (1365) and Apex (1358) but not sure of the Vector so hopefully others will chime in.

K&N. Love that nut!

For my Nytro and Apex I cross referenced through a few brands and found a STP filter for a nissan that I could buy at Autozone along with euro synthetic oil.

For my Nytro and Apex I cross referenced through a few brands and found a STP filter for a nissan that I could buy at Autozone along with euro synthetic oil.

Yup, and several others will fit Apex and Nytro as well. Pretty sure it's too long for a Vec.

Napa Gold 7040. Shorter than 1358 and fits Vec's just fine. K and N with nut is too long.
Fits just fine on my RS Venture GT. Also fits on Nytros and Phazers. Could be a slight difference with the Vector and Apex.

I've always ran the Fram PH6017A. I change my oil and filter every year. I cut my filters open and have no issues to report.

Back