• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Vector Vs. Rage Ride and handling

Vmax540

Expert
Website
www.vintagevmax.com
Still tossing around the idea of buying a used Vector or Rage. My priorities would be #1 Rough trail ride ( can't help to think even though the Rage has the older Pro-Action it's 136" lenght would be the better?) #2 Handling and #3 Performance. Thanks for any input.

#1-rage does just fine-depends on the rider in the rough stuff
#2-u'll have to dial the rear susp. to ur liking depending on riding style and weight
#3-vector and rage have same drivetrain-vect will have couple mph top end, but rage might have more bit off the line

the 2005's the vector has the ProActive Suspension And the rage has the ProAction . If you go to an 06 you can get the mono shock on the rage and on the vector er but the straight vector will still have the proactive.

Nothing wrong with the Pro Action in the 136 variant, I was reading some complaints about the Pro Action last year after I ordered my Rage and became worried.
I was pleasantly surprised, the 136 Pro Action rides as good as my M-10 did in my Polaris 600 Classic the year before. I am average weight (175) and all I did was turn the clicker up one notch and cruise.

I think that the Rage would be better through the rough stuff.
I think that in the really tight 'n twisty trails the Vector will be a little bit more nimble than the Rage, but you might be able to make the Rage handle really well if you dont go crazy with studs.
For performance I think the Rage would have the advantage off the line (longer track = more traction) but that the Vector would be a little bit faster on the lake (shorter track = less rolling resitance = more speed).
Both are great sleds, I cant imagine you'd be disappointed with either of them.
Cap'n

There is nothing wrong at all with the 136" proaction....I was worried also coming from a short track version....but was also suprised. It's very cushy...never had a sore back once.:)

The Rage is geared alittle lowwer and it actually gives it a gain in top end over the Vector. I have read on here that Vector owners should gear down alittle to gain some top end because they are geared to high unless you are running a turbo or something. I have raced a Vector...one day he beat me bad everytime :o| :drink: on top end and the next day I beat him as bad everytime :moon: but the Rage was always quicker off the line for sure both days. I think I had some bad gas the 1st day tho....LOL

I rode both at a Yamaha demo day. It might have just been the trail bumps being just the right width for the 136" track to bridge. The Rage was much smoother than the Vector.

Went riding on nice new snow oct. 30 with my new 06 rage and traded back and forth with my husbands 05 rage and there is a difference the 06 is even better,more cushy ride.I would go with the rage over the vector because of the longer track over the long haul and bumps.And it doesn't feel as big as it looks. :yam:

Back