• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

vector vs rage

pro116

Lifetime Member
I'm unsure of what kind of sled I wan't but I am considering one of the 2 but it must be 136".Would I be better off getting a vector and putting a 136" kit on it or buy a rage.I do a lot of hard mogul riding and jumping.,and I know where I can get a super deal on a vector.Thank's

I'm looking at the same two sleds, the difference in price is $200, can you do a 136" kit on the vector for that price?

If you need the 136" it seems best to just get the Rage.

Someone on this forum in SD has a vector for sale use, almost new condition they said. My local dealer also has some pretty good pricing on their remaining '05s.

Oh, and another local dealer has (or had, last I looked) an '04 warrior for $7500ish. Brand new.

PM me if you need any details.

suspension

The price of putting a 136 kit on a vector dosen't bother me I just want to know if the suspension in the vector is that munch better than the rage if so I would get the vector and long track it.Who has rrode them both please give me your input on the suspension's.Thank's,Ryan

Ryan,

I didn't get a lot of time on the Vector but I did put 530 miles on my Rage doing the GM 500 Thursday and like it quite well. By the end of the ride the trails were pretty pounded but I was more cold than beat up.

Personally, I would be concerned about the geometry of the Vector skid with a 136 kit. If it was the way to go why didn't Yamaha just go ahead and use it on the Rage?

Wish I knew you wanted to try one when we were riding Saturday, I'd have been more than happy to let you ride mine. ;)!

Get the Vector! If the skid in the Rage is like the Warrior's, then you won't be sorry for not going ith the Rage! The Vector-skid is much easyer to tune to your liking, the proaction-skid isn't getting the boot in 2006 for nothing!
Just my opinion....

That could very well be the hot setup, sure looks simple enough to do.

I was originally concerned with getting the "old" proaction skid but for whatever reason it sure seems to work real well in the Rage.

I just have to make sure I don't fool with it now and mess it all up. :wink:

I wanted a 136" track when I bought a machine this year but I chose the Vector over the Rage just to get the new skid. I put 20,000 kms on a 99 Venture with the old proaction and believe me the Vector is light years ahead. The Rage has better (clicker) shocks than the Venture had but I still think you will get a much better ride on the Vector.

Also, I don't think you will have any problems extending the Vector skid. That was my thinking, if I didn't like the short track I could just extend it. But with the ripsaw track I don't have any problems with the 121. JMO.

I agree with Steve...

I had the proaction in my old sled, and was concerned with getting it in the Rage.....but.....it does seem to be alot better in the Rage....I heard before that the proaction was a better skid for a long track....not the 121's

I ride a viper and i bought a rage for my wife, when we fuel up they both take about the same amount of fuel. Not many sleds get the fuel economy that a viper gets.

i find that hard to believe snowman.....i rode with a 2000sxr 600 and at 110 miles i used about 6 gallons and he used about 9 gallons...thats with the rage and its not broke in yet.

neighbor has a 05 rage I have a 03 viper neighbor used 7 to 8 tenths less than me every tankful.And yes a viper does well he never beleaved me before that my sled got good milage!

pimpedrsrage said:
i find that hard to believe snowman.....i rode with a 2000sxr 600 and at 110 miles i used about 6 gallons and he used about 9 gallons...thats with the rage and its not broke in yet.

Your inexperience is showing, son. sxr6 and viper are 2 different animals.

I WAS LUCKY TO GET 11MPG ON MY VIPER!
I'M GETTING 14-16 WITH MY RX-1s.
I JUST KEEP HEARING 20MPG ON THE RAGE & VECTOR FROM PEOPLE AT THE PIT STOPS!
I RUN VERY HARD BUT, WHEN MY WIFES AROUND IT TURNS INTO A 40-50 MPH RIDE!
MAYBE SHE CAN GET 20MPG THEN!?
BR

Back