• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Venture Lite 1.5" Lugs

Had the whole front end off my VL last week and looked to see if longer lugs were possible. Seemed to me that there was plenty of room for what you're thinking. Didn't measure the clearance between the cooler and the track. Just eyballed it.

Hey Yukonjohn, I am running a 159x16x2 Camoplast Challenger on my 2007 Venture MP and I think I could still fit a taller paddle. I can fit my flat hand between the 2 inch paddles and the cooler. The Venture Lite and the Venture MP are basically the same sled. :Rockon: big tracks rock! makes a real sled out of the Venture.

Attachments

• longtracked rear 2 2.jpg
    longtracked rear 2 2.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 248
That is fantastic. That sled is hot. Did you have to extend the tunnel? I wish that Yamaha sold the MP in Alaska; I would love to have that 16" track. I want a little extra boondocking capabilities while retaining the utility of the huge rack and solid hitch. I put mountain skis on my venture lite and now I need to get a new track. I had a ripsaw on my Attack and it trenched like crazy.

Hey Yukonjohn, I think the tunnels on the mp and lite are the same. If you re-track just go with a 16" track. I should extend the tunnel as the 159 sticks out a bit. I am running it without a snow flap and just haven't figured out how to fab an extention that looks ok. The Challenger 2" paddle stopped all that trenching that the ripsaw has, I also pulled up the limiter strap a couple of holes which gives a better approach angle to the track. I am also running the Simmons Gen 2 skis - 10" wide. really gets the sled up in the snow which I think helps with trenching as well. :Rockon:

karl said:
Hey Yukonjohn, I think the tunnels on the mp and lite are the same. If you re-track just go with a 16" track. . :Rockon:

Yeah, I think they are identical and there is very little clearance in the tunnel for a 16" track which will cause even more wear and tear on the track edges due to ice build-up around the rear top wheels.

Ya know Bomba, I'm not having any problems with the edges of my track or the upper wheels. I keep my sled outside - no heated space to keep it in - and I clear the tunnel and skid of ice everytime I ride. so far it's all good and the big track really makes the venture a capable sled in soft or untracked snow which is the type of riding I do around here.

you should boost that thing.. would be wicked!!

Cool projekt.. 162" boosted multipurpose with a timbersled rear and lightened up for the deep stuff..

Kråkan said:
you should boost that thing.. would be wicked!!

Cool projekt.. 162" boosted multipurpose with a timbersled rear and lightened up for the deep stuff..

yea, you're right about that Krakan, the guys at the Yamaha dealership have been trying to get me to do just that. I think I would lose in the end as boost cost about 60 pounds of additional weight. I would like to put a bark buster front end on it and for sure lightening the skid would do wonders - as you can see there is a lot of low snow wheel weight on the stock skid. I did gear it down to make up for some of the lack of hp. and I think I am sub 600lb dry weight. it is a pretty fun utility sled.

Back