• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Venture lite burn out 3 stators

Armada23

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha venture lite 2007
Have a 2007 venture lite, replaced stator 3 times. was putting out 14 volts at the battery then quits after 100 miles. Is there a fix for this?

Last edited:

Can you get the coils to fire manually when in diagnostic mode? If not the ECU could be bad. I had an '07 I bought to fix/resell that did that. Everything checked out perfect in diagnostics except it wouldn't fire the coils. The coils would actually get hot if I left the key on because the ECU had them permanently grounded. I upgraded it to a newer ECU which also resolved the cold start issues the '07 has.

How do you get the coils to manually fire in diagnostic mode? once I get into diagnostic on the display. Also would an ECM off a 08-11 work on this machine?

The factory service manual online covers the process of testing this.
I used an ECU from a 2010 Phazer (last two digits in part number were 20 instead of 00 like the '07), worked perfect.

Back