• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Venture Lite Ice Boogers

I was thinking about getting a Venture Lite for my wife but after seeing these types of pic. my mind is changed.As well if I'm not mistaken this tunnel exhaust is on the Professional as well.If Yamaha don't take note of this problem and solve it ,they will lose sales and get a bad name.That not a typical fit and finish that we should except from Yamaha,unless they start to give them away.

2007warrenp said:
I was thinking about getting a Venture Lite for my wife but after seeing these types of pic. my mind is changed.As well if I'm not mistaken this tunnel exhaust is on the Professional as well.If Yamaha don't take note of this problem and solve it ,they will lose sales and get a bad name.That not a typical fit and finish that we should except from Yamaha,unless they start to give them away.

That's great, I feel we have accomplished something worthwhile by saving someone the aggravation of owning a Venture Lite!

Congratulations on making the right decision - I just wish that I had been so smart.

the blur said:
Without counting the ice build-up. would the VL be quieter ?

The only problem is it will never really be quiet as the ice buildup occurs very rapidly. I'm fortunate to have a heated garage but the slush to ice buildup occurs almost instantaneously during a trip.

the blur said:
Without counting the ice build-up. would the VL be quieter ?

I honestly don't think so. You see, this is a very high reving machine (11,300 rpm max I think) and that alone seems to be reason enough to make it noisy. And eh, like Venturer says, it happens very rapidly, so it doesn't seem like you can have one w/o the other ( a VL w/o the snow/slush/ice, that is).

Why don't you ask for a test ride? After all, you wouldn't buy a car or truck without testing it would you?

test drive.... there is no snow where I live. Down state NY....
we trailer 5-6 hours north to go sledding.

I'm signed into a contract, and picking up the sled this week. So if the sled turns out to be a piece of st!t like everone says, I'll sell it and take a $2k loss.......

I wanted a 4 stroke, I wanted the rider forward position, I need a 2up, so this seemed like the right choice....... :drink:

The RS venture is nice, but needs to update to the rider forward position. We'll see what happens....

The ice doesn't concern me, it's the noise that will annoy me enough to sell the sled if it really sucks.

Wow, 5-6 hours trip, just to go for a ride - I feel for ya; I can ride right from my home. I have 1200Km (750mi) on mine in a month and it hasn't seen a trailer and probably never will.

Well, all the best with the VL - I tried, and eh, don't forget some good earplugs!

The ice is a big concern for premature wear on the track and everything else. If yamaha would only correct this problem then it would be the perfect sled.

venturer said:
The ice is a big concern for premature wear on the track and everything else. If yamaha would only correct this problem then it would be the perfect sled.

I guess the front end and steering hasn't fallen apart on yours yet. You must have the 08.

:o| :drink:

OST said:
venturer said:

I guess the front end and steering hasn't fallen apart on yours yet. You must have the 08.

So, did Yamaha make any changes to the 08 front end or is just that we havn't had them long enough to wear out yet?

Nice pic in your avatar btw; is that a VL or MP - looks like a different type of bumper?

Thanks

BombaPolaYama said:
So, did Yamaha make any changes to the 08 front end or is just that we havn't had them long enough to wear out yet?

Nice pic in your avatar btw; is that a VL or MP - looks like a different type of bumper?

Thanks

I would doubt very much if any changes were made to the front end. Once you get 1500 miles and up on this sled, the wearable (non-warrantied parts) front end items will start to fail. I know these wearable (non-warrantied parts) are not supposed to last forever, but I really thought I would get more mileage on them than this.
Should I be expected to shell out big bucks on low grade replacement parts for the front end every year or two? Come on bye ... if the parts were quality made in the first place they would last for years.
We all have friends that ride revs and cats that haven't had to replace tie rods, ball joints, steering post and (non-greasable) steering post bearings, or the a-arm bushings every year or two.

I have been reading the same sort of front end failures over on the nytro forum as well. Seems the quality is just not making it's way into part production anymore ... I think it has to do with inferior metal used for the parts. That's my guess.

Sorry for the long rant ... but until Yamaha comes out and states that they are working on the problems for this sled (and the nytro) you will see many more pi$$3d off posts from us GUINNEA PIGS!

By the way ... thanx for the av compliment ... I have a 07 VL and the bumper is from Royal Dist.

on my 2001 Polaris touring sled. 2000 miles.
I replaced 4 rod ends, and various bushings in the steering.

anyway, does the Yamaha exteneded warrenty cover any of this?

OST said:
venturer said:

I do have the 08 model, but that's my point exactly. Is the reason for all this premature wear ( including the steering ) a result of all the ice buildup? I remember one guy mentioned his steering fail because of ice buildup.

the blur said:
on my 2001 Polaris touring sled. 2000 miles.
I replaced 4 rod ends, and various bushings in the steering.

Nah, yamaha probably won't cover your Polaris (ahaha). Forgive me I couldn't resist that one! :tg: I have a sick sense of humour.

the blur said:

The answer from the dealer was ... NO! These are all wearable parts.

I spring ordered my V Lite and got the 3 year warranty.
Surprising what little is covered after the first year.

Back