• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Venture Lite Ice Boogers

venturer said:
OST said:
venturer said:
The ice is a big concern for premature wear on the track and everything else. If yamaha would only correct this problem then it would be the perfect sled.

I guess the front end and steering hasn't fallen apart on yours yet. You must have the 08.

:o| :drink:
I do have the 08 model, but that's my point exactly. Is the reason for all this premature wear ( including the steering ) a result of all the ice buildup? I remember one guy mentioned his steering fail because of ice buildup.

I believe the premature wear is coming from Yamaha trying to make light weight parts without testing their durability in the real world.
You can only make tubing so light before it gives....

I would really like to know who, where and for how long these sleds were tested, to me the answer seems to be:
no one, no where and for zero amount of time on the snow....

I got 40 miles on my 2008 venture L.
yes, it accumulates slush, didn't cause me any problems.
Yes, it is STUPID LouD. It could certainly be quieter.
I figured the 500cc 4 stroke would be a small little quiet motor.
yepper, the noise is quite annoying. especially when idling. Maybe the exhaust should be routed out the rear, or a bigger muffler ???

It seems to virbrate, and I don't think it's from the slush. I think it's the motor.

It rides real nice, and the forward rider position is way better on my aching back. I like it, it's plenty motor for a sled.
Rear rack is great.

Tool kit in front, I thought it was stupid, but it fits and stayed dry.
$6500 I can't complain. It's a h-ell of a sled for $6500.

OST said:
the blur said:
anyway, does the Yamaha exteneded warrenty cover any of this?

The answer from the dealer was ... NO! These are all wearable parts.

I spring ordered my V Lite and got the 3 year warranty.
Surprising what little is covered after the first year.

Actually the Y.E.S. contract does not exclude that many things. I've noticed Yamaha seems to exclude items that aren't mentioned. Probably wouldn't stand up in court....hint hint

the blur said:
I got 40 miles on my 2008 venture L.
yes, it accumulates slush, didn't cause me any problems.
Yes, it is STUPID LouD. It could certainly be quieter.
I figured the 500cc 4 stroke would be a small little quiet motor.
yepper, the noise is quite annoying. especially when idling. Maybe the exhaust should be routed out the rear, or a bigger muffler ???

It seems to virbrate, and I don't think it's from the slush. I think it's the motor.

It rides real nice, and the forward rider position is way better on my aching back. I like it, it's plenty motor for a sled.
Rear rack is great.

Tool kit in front, I thought it was stupid, but it fits and stayed dry.
$6500 I can't complain. It's a h-ell of a sled for $6500.

$6500 - oh boy I wouldn't feel so ripped off either if that was all I paid! Mine was $9200 + tax. Why the big difference between Canada and USA I wonder? Any way this thread is about Ice boogers, I'm just thinking out loud on the pricing.

BTW, aren't you the guy that was asking on another thread about the noise? No doubt the engine contributes a lot to the noise - when I get it up 70 to 80 Km/hr it really seems to drone and it is not a steady noise it seems to oscillate or something (can't explain it).

ICE BOOGERS Gaspe Trip Several Different Days Accumulation.

Each Morning I spent 5-10 minutes with the rubber hammer beating the ice

off the Venture Lite everywhere I could before we rode.

Take note of the snow under the hood in image # 1761

Attachments

• DSCN1751.jpg
    DSCN1751.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 176
  • DSCN1752.jpg
    DSCN1752.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 184
  • DSCN1753.jpg
    DSCN1753.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 189
  • DSCN1754.jpg
    DSCN1754.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 178
  • DSCN1755.jpg
    DSCN1755.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 180
  • DSCN1756.jpg
    DSCN1756.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 177
  • DSCN1757.jpg
    DSCN1757.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 175
  • DSCN1758.jpg
    DSCN1758.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 173
  • DSCN1759.jpg
    DSCN1759.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 181
  • DSCN1760.jpg
    DSCN1760.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 174
  • DSCN1761.jpg
    DSCN1761.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 183
  • DSCN1762.jpg
    DSCN1762.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 174
  • DSCN1765.jpg
    DSCN1765.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 184
  • DSCN1766.jpg
    DSCN1766.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 169
  • DSCN1783.jpg
    DSCN1783.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 182
  • DSCN1784.jpg
    DSCN1784.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 175
  • DSCN1785.jpg
    DSCN1785.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 183
  • DSCN1786.jpg
    DSCN1786.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 175
  • DSCN1787.jpg
    DSCN1787.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 175
  • DSCN1788.jpg
    DSCN1788.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 197
One more pic: That's a 16.5 lb. egg that was laid but that ain't the "Golden Goose."

Attachments

• DSCN1807.jpg
    DSCN1807.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 166
Haven't heard much about ice booger problems lately? Just wondering how everyone is doing with that issue?

I put 390 km on mine this weekend and it was fairly mild (around -2 to 0 C) and the trails were fairly hard too so I had to be careful not to overheat the sliders but at least I had no accummulation in the tunnel.

I haven't heard anything from Yamaha's perspective either; maybe they just want the issue to die.

And where the decision is problemma? Specific options to solve the problem of icing on the MP forum and have not found ?

Well, there are several threads in this section and a good one by BombaPolaYama to block off the tunnel.

I've tried the Never Wet. Worked for a while until it was gone. Doesn't last. Some have tried other oils and coatings like Fluid Film, again, doesn't last and has to be reapplied. The only sure way is to completely block off the tunnel from the exhaust as that is what causes the icing.

Back