• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

venture still bangs

sooper

Veteran
Man I thought these things were remotely dependable. Shees. Try to move it slow the clutch is REALLY audible, and you can feel the jerk as it engages. Last Night I'm ATTEMPTING a trail ride. Doing bout 30 km/hr it starts clattering until I come to a stop. Won't move forward. I put it in reverse, get a foot, then forward for 2 feet, then reverse for four and back and forth like this 6-7 times until I'm going, then when going the rumbling was like a mini caliber gattling gun. Got all of 80 kliks or 50 miles on this gem thats been doing it since new and dealer tells me,"DRIVE ER". OH and it boggs off line with recommended fuel. So far I'm thinking I shoulda saved 14 grand and bought the 30 year old 340 ET

Maybe your belt has a flat spot in it, it bogs? you must have the fuel injected venture GT if you paid 14 grand, thats odd, only time I ever had bogging was with my carberated nytro with old gas.

Sounds like a minor set up issue. Sounds like the chain case, does it have oil in it ? is the chain adjusted properly. Sounds like a bad dealer not a bad machine. If you bought it brand new from the dealer I would be shoving it in his face until it's fixed.

kyzer said:
Sounds like a minor set up issue. Sounds like the chain case, does it have oil in it ? is the chain adjusted properly. Sounds like a bad dealer not a bad machine. If you bought it brand new from the dealer I would be shoving it in his face until it's fixed.

Ya, I'll say. Front shock had backed right off to where spring could clack up and down. Thanks ALL

Back