• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Very Tippy sled after snowtracker install

Thanks on the info on the powder pro's !
Like others said keep the front end level and you will have a great handling sled around corners !

Attachments

• DSCN1106 (Large).JPG
    DSCN1106 (Large).JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 107

awesome a lot of info in this thread i will give it a try this weekend and let you know the outcome! my setup is definitely not like the picture above.

loosen your front springs like everyone says. also change your compression knob a few clicks at a time to harder. change your rebound to harder a few clicks. that way your sled wont roll over as much and the rebound will push it back level faster. you need to adjust your front end. do it 2 clicks at a time and ride it, then another 2 clicks. try 2 more maybe pull the limiter strap up (tighten) 1 hole.

trailmarker said:
loosen your front springs like everyone says. also change your compression knob a few clicks at a time to harder. change your rebound to harder a few clicks. that way your sled wont roll over as much and the rebound will push it back level faster. you need to adjust your front end. do it 2 clicks at a time and ride it, then another 2 clicks. try 2 more maybe pull the limiter strap up (tighten) 1 hole.

With the ohlin shocks up front i don't think you can adjust the rebound. Can you?

mikestyle said:
trailmarker said:

With the ohlin shocks up front i don't think you can adjust the rebound. Can you?

If you look at the bottom of the shock I believe that is your rebound adjustment.

was out again tonight took out 10 lbs of air out of each front shock now running 65lbs of air and has lower the tippy feeling i might try another 5lbs on the weekend

Here's something to consider when setting up the front end for play in the twisties, really affecting that "top heavy" feeling you get when it's not right. If that outside suspension isn't collapsing (spring pre load/compression clicker too stiff), there's nothing happening with the sway bar that's going to transfer that motion to the other side. The sway bar is what's supposed to keep the front end flat. That's why the sled won't handle worth a darn with a lot of preload! IT HAS TO MOVE! Don't set the sled up like a go cart! You're way to tall for that...

thanks guys i rode about 400miles this weekend. I lowered my suspension and softened my clickers, i could not believe how much better the ski worked! I still have to play with the the setup a little more to make it perfect, there are 3 holes left on my limiter strap for tightening, what will tightening of the strap do for my ride?

Mike,
I installed trackers last week and then rode this weekend. I did not see your post until after I posted in general forum. http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=97398&start=15

I said the same thing as you. I have 10mm preload on the front, 1/2 between standard and minimum weight transfer, limiter shortened one hole, 42 mm preload on the Mono, and no shims on my stock skis. I found full soft on rebound and full hard on compression flattened out cornering.

Back